Truaqua Zen Nanos - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Truaqua Zen Nanos

I was looking around the other day and ran into these tanks -
http://www.truaqua.com/zen-nano-glas...ium-zn-4g.html

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I understand that the lights will not grow plants, but that they also sell a light that will, and for the price of these I'm thinking of getting a couple of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
i dont own one but have been able to check one out in person. like you, i was drawn in by the look and price but after getting a hands on i decided otherwise. the plastic is super thin and looks like it would eventually break, and the overflow/filter chamber is really small and would be a pain to clean and work with.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
I had one for a while, a 5G model. They are actually nice little tanks. The overflow isn't too bad to clean. A long brush is all you need. You can take out the little baskets in there and just pack in whatever you want, you just want to put the top back on so you don't suck a bunch of stuff in there. I also put a piece of filter sponge on top of that cause I had some shrimps in there that I didn't want getting sucked in, the slots are kinda big.

You're right with the light though, barely lights the tank let alone grows plants, haha. I used one of the finnex fugeray planted+ clip on lights. It worked really well.

Oh, one more thing, I ended up adding a small external filter to increase flow a bit. The outflow is a little slow, but could work without the canister, I think. Mine was also used before I got it, so maybe it was just old...

Overall, the price is good for the tanks. I thought they were put together well and have a nice clean look to them.

Old tanks, all torn down:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-

Hope to get a new tank (or two) up soon...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks much for the replies.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
i had one for a while, but it was used previously as a marine refugium. and eventually cracked. but, with the type-p light, my plants were growing like crazy, and with an added 1bps into the tank...holy crap. so i ordered another one, but i think i'm going to make a nano reef setup instead of planted.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the input. I am completely confused at this point and keep going back and forth on what I want, what I need, and how best to display it. I will certainly keep this in mind. It really helps to know about the Type-P lighting as well. Thanks again.

Bump: Just for the record though, why did the tank crack? How long did you have it before it cracked?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode