Possible Issues - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Possible Issues

Hey everyone! I'm new here but just wanted to give a shout out and let you all know my plans and see if you have any insight.

I've had fish tanks as long as I can remember. I dabbed into planted freshwater tanks for a couple years, got bored with just having a fresh water tank so I emptied it and now I have a 90 gallon reef tank that I've had for a few years. My wife wanted a reef tank as well so we got her a 12 gallon Nano Cube set up for her. She loved it for a few months then got too busy with school and things to keep it up very well. Being the perfectionist that she is she didn't like the way it was looking and decided to let me be in charge of it.

Well I already have my large reef and she is cool with me emptying her tank and putting all the livestock in my reef. I was curious to see though if I could clean everything pumps filters and such and turn the cube into a planted tank once again? They are a bit easier then reefs and would be cool to get a nice little planted tank again. I have it set up with an LED light that was regulated for soft corals, mushroom zoa's leathers and such and was curious if that light would be fine for plants? I'm assuming a good vinegar bath for pumps and heaters and such will be needed but other then that what would I need to get it running? I'll be using the same R.O. water that I put in my reef tanks and I'll be picking up the right substrate and things to get it set up. Looking to get working on this this weekend when I have some free time. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode