Post your fluval spec 2g - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Post your fluval spec 2g

I need some ideas for mine FW or SW. It's home to a betta right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Nobody has one?

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I'm the only one here with this tank?

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

No, you're not the only one. Here is a pretty current shot:

More (and better) shots in the tank journal in my sig.

There are LOTS of images available via Google Image Search, though.

|
|

---------------------------------

|
|
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 02:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
Mine is no longer set up, but here's an old picture:

Do a search on the forum and you'll find a whole lot more. That's also easier than creating a new thread and hoping people post to it!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 03:49 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
You guys using stock lighting or have something else?

Using Tapatalk
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 04:59 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Stock light. I wanted a super easy low tech tank for the office. Anubias, Java fern, a little DHG and some Crypt Parva. It all survives under the stock light, and grows VERY slowly, which is exactly what I wanted. That DHG will NEVER carpet, but I didn't want a carpet so that's fine. OH, and I have a some duckweed at the top, which does a nice job of soaking up any excess nitrates. Periodically it gets annoyingly thick, and I just scoop some out with a spoon, toss it in some plastic takeout soup containers I keep in a drawer just for this, and nuke it for 5 minutes in the microwave to kill it dead. Then it's safe to dump down the drain without risk to the local ecosystem.

|
|

|
|
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
If all goes well, I'm picking up a Spec 2 from a Craigslist seller tomorrow. Not sure what it will house yet, but it will be setup on the bathroom counter. (I've already got one in both the kitchen and dining room. Can't wait to see the eyeroll from my spouse when I set this one up. ) The Spec V is headed towards a betta tank. Any suggestions for the Spec 2?

10 gallon bow-front,
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Here's the first planting I did. I lost the pygmy chain swords and pinnatada

Later I filled in the blank spots with crypts and anubias. Sorry, This is the best picture I have. But I highly recommend you get crypts and anubias since they thrive in the stock lighting. They grew and grew for me. In the picture below I used cryptocorne parva and anubias nana as foreground plants with larger plants behind them.

I broke down this tank and just use it to grow plant scraps for now. I didn't like it as a tank for Waldo. Even after installing a sponge over the output and densely planting the tank, he kept getting injured either from getting blown in the current or tearing his fins doing his favorite thing, attaching himself to the filter inflow grates. If I ever fall in love with a small finned betta or another crown tail, I may try the tank for a Betta again (If I can sneak it past my Boyfriend), but no more half moons for this kind of tank for me.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Algae Grower

Here's a few shots of my 2g.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 01:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
I just bought this tank for my wife's office. It's her birthday present, so she doesn't know yet. Thinking Eco complete with anubias petite on DW and some crypts. Beta or cherry shrimp, but I'll let her decide.

Varmint, that is the prettiest betta, where did you get him?

|
| Mr Aqua 7.5 Cube Paludarium | Zoo Med Nano Tall & Small Tall Vivariums
Fraternity of Dirt #168

Last edited by knm<><; 12-21-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: .
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm<>< View Post
I just bought this tank for my wife's office. It's her birthday present, so she doesn't know yet. Thinking Eco complete with anubias petite on DW and some crypts. Beta or cherry shrimp, but I'll let her decide.

Varmint, that is the prettiest betta, where did you get him?
These tanks are about as perfect as it gets for office environments. She'll love it, I'm sure! Be sure to add a heater.

|
|

|
|
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 02:57 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
These tanks are about as perfect as it gets for office environments. She'll love it, I'm sure! Be sure to add a heater.

Well yes, I always add a heater, got the cobalt aquatics brand thin heater to put in the filter area.

Tank looks good btw, I got her the white one.

|
| Mr Aqua 7.5 Cube Paludarium | Zoo Med Nano Tall & Small Tall Vivariums
Fraternity of Dirt #168
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Algae Grower

Here's mine!

It is currently housing this little fella!
Zaki and Zaki like this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm<>< View Post
Well yes, I always add a heater, got the cobalt aquatics brand thin heater to put in the filter area.

Tank looks good btw, I got her the white one.
The Cobalt is the exact one I use, too. Good choice!

|
|

|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode