I've had this little desktop 10" cube going for a while that I used as a nursery for baby fish, but the scape was kind of a mess of stuff pulled from other tanks. Came back from the LFS yesterday with some stems that didn't turn out to be what I thought they were so I figured I'd chop 'em up and put them in this little guy. I had just finished mineralizing topsoil for another tank so I was eager to test that out too.
There's Rotala thickly planted around the back and a bit on the sides. Ludwigia takes up the center along with some kind of crypt and a lily bulb that is bouncing back. The front is occupied by a gnarled piece of wood with itty bitty java ferns tied to it. Everything still needs to grow in
Ferts will be dosed according to ei.
Substrate is a handful of MTS mixed with sand and fluorite, with a sand cap.
Light is just a spiral 6500k CFL bulb in a clip-on lamp.
Filtration is a small internal power filter with a spray bar.
Heater is one of those little eheim ones.
As for fish, this will probably remain as a nursery tank for baby fishes, but I have been eyeing some sparkling gouramis lately...
I think I might want to pick up some Excel or get DIY CO2 going, but I'd like to see how it grows for a week or two first.
Thanks for looking!