I'm going to give suggestions for quick
setup. You can find all this stuff cheaper if you want for deals, collect it yourself, etc. I usually don't have the patience to do so.
1) Get a 3L bag of ADA AquaSoil (I like I, some like II): http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...products_id=97
2) Get some ADA old black wood: http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=301
3) Get some ADA stones. Pick what you like, I like Maten, Shou, or Seiryu. http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...uct&cPath=7_14
1) What lighting do you have? Recommend you get a Coralife Mini-Aqualight 2x9W, or even a Coralife 12" 2x18W fixture.
2) DIY CO2, or pressurized if you have the funds. Do a search on here for either. Get an appropriate glass diffuser.
3) ZooMed 501 canister filter. http://www.reptilesupply.com/product...roducts_id=404
Stick it all into the tank.
Get some plants. Some that would look nice in a small tank:
1) Dwarf hair grass
3) Anubias nana var. petite
4) Pellia, mini pellia
Just a few suggestions, there's a myriad of plants out there that will work nicely in a tank that size.
Here's another great looking 2.5g nano by a member here, guppy: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pl...ted-7-4-a.html
AFA/ADA should give me some commission.