My 1Ft Cube Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 1Ft Cube Tank

After owning a 2Ft planted tank for over 3 years I have decided to setup a nano tank in my bed room.
Been out to my LFS today and found a 1Ft cube tank that looks like it will do the job. Since buying the tank I have ordered a Rapids Mini Canister filter from eBay but do not have any other equipment for this tank. Planning to use DIY co2 as this is working well in my 2Ft tank. Still unsure on lighting and if I will require a heater for this sized tank if I decide to go with tropical fish.
Any recommendations would be appreciated. I have also taken a few photos of the tank and would love your thoughts as to if I should sit it square on the table or at a 45 deg angle.
More updates as soon.... I hope!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Cool little tank! I like it squared up on the table myself, but on a 45 is definitely a switch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (96/100%)
OOOH~

Very nice lookin cube

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 PM

You can put a swivel base one bottom. 360 degree view! Problem solved.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (31/100%)
That's cool. My lfs never sells tanks like that, just the same out lol.

If you put a swivel base, be sure to not spin the tank too fast
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
it looks great either way

you should try and remove the black plastic top and make it rimless. it would look awesome!!!!

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Remove the black trim. I did it on a 10 inch cube. Just be very very patient. As for lighting, go with the current 12 inch 18watt fixture, or the 2x18 watt version with moon light. I would have gone with the zoomed 501 filter, much better filter and doesn't leak. If you don't want a heater then go with shrimp and white cloud minos.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
the hampton bay 27w desk lamp from Home Depot is perfect for that tank. the bulb is also a quad, so you position the neck to have it over the center of your tank and its perfect.

if you want to keep tropical fish, you will need a heater. the temp differences between night and day in your house will kill them otherwise in winter.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 06:56 AM

A heater is a must if you want Tropicals. If you plan on Trops, then Sparkling/Pygmy gouramis, Ember tetras, and perhaps Glowlight danios are really cool nano fish that would be a nice tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode