MAYBE 5 gallon betta set up? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to thejoie
MAYBE 5 gallon betta set up?

I have a 5 gallon tank.
I have 2 bettas. One is in a 2 gallon tank, the other in a 1 gallon tank.

I'm thinking that I want to put both theses guys into the 5 gallon WITH a divider (of course!)

That still increases the amount of water each has. And overall, will equal a healthier tank.

The problem? I'm not sure where to put it in my room. My room already consists of a 30 gallon tank, a 20 L tank, a 10 gallon, and 3 bird cages.... so this is going to be tricky. Hopefully. Soon. I will find a way to make it happen!!!

I'd like to make it a planted tank. The betta that's in the 2 gallon tank lucked out and got my old nano salt water tank. The light is a 9 watt and I decided to plant a plant in there. It's been growing like CRAZY. I haven't done a single thing to the tank.... I don't dose with ferts, I don't have CO2, I just feed my betta and do water changes

So I want to take it to the next level.

I've heard of many people going to Home Depot to get lighting for a 5 gallon tank, and that sounds good to me. This would be done on a super budget. But I am officially hooked on theses planted tanks. I adore the look of them.
My betta has a blue and an ivory mystery snail in there and is happy as can be I really want the other betta to get a bit more swimming space too.

Hmmm.... my mom will most likely kick my butt but I don't care. I gotta keep my animal's best interest in mind

Birds: Hahn's Macaw (Mia), Parrotlet (Millie), 2 Parakeets (Pixie and Pete)
Dogs: Boston Terrier (Wilbur), Bichon mix (Toby)
Tanks: 20L turtle tank
30 gallon salt water reef
10 gallon planted tank
2 betta tanks (Lucas and Mouth)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
yes the 27 watt light would be great for a five gallon tank. also, a DIY CO2 setup would work great and is simple, cheap, and really easy. if you buy the hagen setup, its also foolproof, but then you have to actually pay for it. im sure your bettas will love it. oh, and if you can get some HM, plant it as a carpet but let it grew stems upward up to 3" tall, itll be a thick matt and your bettas will love hiding it. all of mine did/do. just a tip: get a good substrate like flourite (there are better ones, but flourite is cheap and good for almost any plant).

My Tanks:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to thejoie
Yea I have Eco-Complete in my 10 gallon, but I think I'd go with Flourite for the 5 gallon.
HM carpet... I will look into it. HM is usually available around in pet stores around here.

Thanks for the tips!!!

Birds: Hahn's Macaw (Mia), Parrotlet (Millie), 2 Parakeets (Pixie and Pete)
Dogs: Boston Terrier (Wilbur), Bichon mix (Toby)
Tanks: 20L turtle tank
30 gallon salt water reef
10 gallon planted tank
2 betta tanks (Lucas and Mouth)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode