Co2 Injection in a nanocube? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
Co2 Injection in a nanocube?

Hi, I'm having an issue with Co2 injection in my nano cube. I ran the co2 line into the back of the tank, (The tank has a 3 stage filter. Water flows into chamber one through the sponges; over to chamber 2, up through a sponge, bio balls and ceramic rings; then over to chamber 3 where a pump connected to a tube expels the water into the tank.) and situated the Co2 tube at the bottom of the filter; therefore, the bubble has to travel through a sponge, bioballs and rings. This really isn't working so well. I'm slowing the bubble down, but I'm not getting the effect that I want.

Anyone have any ideas? The pump has nothing that I could hook the tube into. Maybe I could buy suction cups and fasten the Co2 tube close to the impeller. I'll have to play with the pump. I don't recall the pump having a lip that I can attach a small segment of PVC to, with drilled hole for the line. Would the pump suck the contents out of my DIY Co2?

TIA

N8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to Tony
Simply buy a ceramic diffusor instead. Running through the filter without any diffusor or reactor isnt disolving much CO2.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Simply buy a ceramic diffusor instead. Running through the filter without any diffusor or reactor isnt disolving much CO2.

I agree... You're making life harder than it has to be. Here's a (bad iphone) pic of the ceramic diffusor in a 5.5 Mini M:

Note the Green Drop Checker (using calibrated 4 dKH solution). The Drop Checker is actually a lighter green than this but the iphone keeps darkening the picture.

IIf you're not using a sealed canister, you're probably losing a lot of co2 as the water hits the air before returning to the tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode