Nano Cube Questions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
Question Nano Cube Questions

Hi all
I just got my nano cube in the mail today. My questions...

* It came with a surface skimming grate. Is this needed on a planted tank; pros/cons?

* I'm going to run DIY Co2. Where do you place your Co2 line? There is 1 notch on the back for a heater. Maybe I can squeeze it there and bury the airline between the sponges; therefore, the filtration becomes a reactor. Will this create a vacuum and suck the contents out of my bottle and into the tank?

* The tank came with 2 50/50 lights 7100k/actinic. What number rating (in k's) is an actinic light?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey N8-

~ You don't need the skimmer. That's for saltwater, which gets protein muck buildup floating on the top... planted tanks don't (that I know of anyway).

~ re: co2 line placement - do you mean the hose line itself or whatever you're using as a diffuser? Putting it in line with your filtration outtake vent like you mention is a good idea, if possible. Put a check valve ($1.49 at any LFS) between the bottle and the tank and no worries about backflow of yeast into the tank.

~ Actinic is for saltwater and the light concentration is way higher (if measureed in Kelvins) than a planted freshwater tank needs, starting above 10,000 and going up from there.

Ideal plant light range in Kelvins is anywhere between 2000 (red-ish) to around 7500 (blue-ish)... 5700 to 6500 is probably easiest and most ideal for the planted tank, but others may want to add their input here.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode