2.5 AGA "The Shire" *update 3/15/09* - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to chadly
2.5 AGA "The Shire" *update 3/15/09*

Started a new small tank for fun. I wanted to practice some aquascaping and utilize some of my smaller plants...

my inspiration comes from a high river bank in a wooded area deep in a remote forest in anyplace you could imagine. Oh and the shire (where bilbo baggins lives) from the hobbit.

Specs:

Tank: 2.5 gal glass aquarium, not planted yet still have to put a light together

Substrate: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia II (bacter100, tourmaline bc, clear super)

CO2: will be no co2 injection (light excel dosing)

Ferts: light micro/macro fert dosing.

Fauna: neocardina shrimp (snowball)

Hardscape:wood, slate chips....

plants: (proposed)

hydrocotyle verticillata
windelov fern
crypt parva
dwarf hairgrass
anubias nana petite
willow moss
elatine Triandra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Join today!

Last edited by chadly; 03-16-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (192/100%)
Nice arrangement of your hardscape. What happened to the background? That could use some improvement, make it more shire-like.

post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (114/100%)
I like the arrangement too. The wood should do a good job of hiding your filter intake. Nice job. Can't wait to see it develop.

post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

The background is just temporary for the photos. It's a garbage bag... lol

I'll probably mess w/ some gradient images for a background.

So... I've decided on snowball shrimp. Have them coming next week.

I'm leaving most of the foreground relatively unplanted. I'm thinking Elatine triandra on the left at the base of the hardscape and putting the crypt parva over to the right at the base of those rocks.

what do you think of star grass wrapped around the right side where I proposed the dwarf hairgrass?

- Join today!

post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (96/100%)
That looks very nice
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Chadly -

I am amazed how you can make a 2.5 look like a 29 gallon tank.

If you took your pictures from a slightly larger distance, I never would have known. Keep the journal going.

I want to see how this one turns out. Great start on the scape!

Filstar Pimp #106

- XP2, Dual Aquaticlife link Fixture , Pressurized CO2, DIY Reactor, EI dosing

On hold for a while...
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Beautiful hardscape! Outstanding.
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

thanks guys

I will make an effort to get this planted tonight... Time seems to go by too fast lately.

here's my proposed plant layout:

- Join today!

post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (114/100%)
Chadly you my friend are a paintbrush master.

Award for best EVAR paintbrush vision for a tank layout. Come on down!

post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

lol, Thanks MrJG.

I still haven't added the elatine triandra yet.

- Join today!

post #11 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

now to fill it.....

- Join today!

post #12 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:28 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
Wow. This tank is going to look amazing! I can't wait to see it once it is matured.
post #13 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (96/100%)
I had to give you an infamous rep point for this one!

lol
post #14 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

ah, my first! hope to update soon. got a busy weekend ahead.

shrimp coming next week!

- Join today!

post #15 of 122 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
i think you will have problem with invading hairgrass that way. beautiful hadscape.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode