ADA Mini-M Filtration - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
ADA Mini-M Filtration

I have a Tom's rapid mini cannister, and I broke it. Are there any other options out there?

I am injecting DIY Co2 into it and it worked well untill the mishap.

What do you have on your Nano (~7g) with co2 on it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith782 View Post
I have a Tom's rapid mini cannister, and I broke it. Are there any other options out there?

I am injecting DIY Co2 into it and it worked well untill the mishap.

What do you have on your Nano (~7g) with co2 on it?
I have a 5.5 gallon CRS tank that's overfiltered with a Zoomed 501 and a sponge filter and another 8 gallon with a Aquaclear 20. The Aquaclear works well but sometimes the current is a problem when it comes to uprooting new plants.

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibass View Post
I have a 5.5 gallon CRS tank that's overfiltered with a Zoomed 501 and a sponge filter and another 8 gallon with a Aquaclear 20. The Aquaclear works well but sometimes the current is a problem when it comes to uprooting new plants.
How do you like your zoomed, its a cannister right? From the looks of them they are preacically the same thing as the tom's.

Do you use co2?

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)
I like the zoomed. It's quiet most of the time and has good flow. Like the Toms, it has to sit at the same level as the tank. I don't use CO2 in that tank, but it should do fine. I use pressurized CO2 in the 8 gallon with the Aquaclear.

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibass View Post
I like the zoomed. It's quiet most of the time and has good flow. Like the Toms, it has to sit at the same level as the tank. I don't use CO2 in that tank, but it should do fine. I use pressurized CO2 in the 8 gallon with the Aquaclear.
Yeah, if I had pressurized I wouldnt care about the gas off with a HOB, id just crank it up.

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:12 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I'm using an eheim 2232. It's overkill so I keep the outlet valve cranked down a little bit, but its great. The 2211 is probably ideal if you can find it, but I couldn't in the amount of time I was willing to look.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshreter View Post
I'm using an eheim 2232. It's overkill so I keep the outlet valve cranked down a little bit, but its great. The 2211 is probably ideal if you can find it, but I couldn't in the amount of time I was willing to look.

What size tank?

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (36/97%)
Send a message via AIM to screename
eheim 2011 or 2211. Perfect.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I was looking at those because of the above comment about it.

I cannot find anything on the filter but replacement parts????

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

What do you guys think about an ecco 2232?

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to chadly
If you do filter it, I'd go with the zoo med 501. An eheim would be bigger than the tank itself. A zoo med 501 IMO is perfect for any size nano up to 10 gal. I'm actually using a zoo med temporarily on my 28 right now.

OR you could just get a tiny pump or tiny internal filter and use that to diffuse your co2. You aren't filtering much except fish waste in the filter anyway.

- Join today!

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

that zoomed filter looks like the toms filter just 2x's as much.

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via Yahoo to chadly
not necessarily:
http://www.reptilesupply.com/product...roducts_id=404

- Join today!

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I just typed it into Google. There rated at the same gph aswell, or really close atleast.

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Planted Member

Does the zoomed filter need filter bags for the carbon? I once put straight carbon in my tom filter and that was bad... However it's hard to fit a good amount of carbon in the chamber because of the way the intake is.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode