Fingers crossed - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Fingers crossed

Hi, just set up a 10g and testing to see if pic worked in the post. Ill add info if it worked so things dont get to confusing. Its been many many years that I even tried to do live plants. I am reading and hopefully getting it right this time. Time will tell on that part. A big thanks to all the help us newbies and keep up the great job.
stay well Mick

Gee it seems it was easier planting the tank than posting the pics.lol Ill work on it and hopefully have pics up before it gets over grown.

Last edited by mickmac247; 05-04-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

If anyone can help me with pic posting would be great. Resized some pics but still they wont fit or something. Il keep trying and see what happens.
Thanks Mick
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Gar

PTrader: (6/100%)
Use an image hosting site like www.photobucket.com

Create an account and upload your photos; it's self explanatory from there!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hi Thanks for the reply and help. I will check it out and hopefully even I can get it right.
Stay well
Mick
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)
Off to a nice start , but you do have a lot of gravel in there.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hi ya I didnt have an another empty and figured oh what the heck I will cycle it all at once. My other tanks are bare bottoms but will grab another 5 or 10 soon I hope. The corner filters are just there to help clear up the water and still not sure what I will use for a filter. I was thinking maybe cover them with java moss tied to them and see what happens. The substrate is just gravel I bought on AB. It was 25 lbs for $25 including shipping. The guy is a plant dealer on AB and has some good auctions and the feedback on the stuff is pretty good. This is a low low everything tank which is good for now but then again thats what I said about the other 8 tanks I have with the first being the only one I was seting up. Please chime in and let me have the good the bad and the ugly. The forum is great and TY all. Still working on making the pics smaller but at least a few are up here. that photobucket is my type of place. click clik
Stay well
Mick
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (-1/0%)
try to slope the gravel upwards toward the back...
and make the driftwood slanted/angle correspnding the slope.....
get a HOB filter so that you have more space to wrk with ^^, (is this a breeding tank for the cories, thats why u have a sponge filter)

just my 2cents
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

HI The corner filters are just there to help clear up the water and still not sure what I will use for a filter. I was thinking maybe cover them with java moss tied to them and see what happens. Not usre yet if I am keeping all that gravel in there but that sloping is a good idea. I am moving some plecos and gups around in my other tanks so I just put the 4 albinos in there for now. It would be nice if they did breed for once. The tank might stay they way it is for afew weeks since I am having a surgery on my elbow tomorrow and thats one reason I set this up now. I wanted something calming to look at for a few weeks.lol Thanks for the input and my daughter will be helping out so maybe she can play with the tank after she does some water changes.
stay well
Mick
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
I agree about the amount of gravel, it seems to be a bit too much. Also are you planning to add some sort of fertilizer to your gravel?

As for your filters, if you try to cover them with moss or anything you might compramise the filter by clogging up the filter. I use a ZooMed 501, which is originally made for a turtle tank. But many use this filter with great success in planted tanks up to 10 gal. I would not use it on anything larger. Get rid of those filters sooner than later because the earlier you set up the final filtration system the sooner your biological filtration system gets established.

Overall it is a nice start!!! Good Luck!!! And you know that we all will help out when ever you need it.

Hope everything goes well with your elbow.

AquaPhish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hi as I mentioned the gravel I will be taking some of the gravel out but figured for now i would cycle it all till then. This way when I can get back to doing things it will be done and ready for maybe another planted experience i will add tabs to fert and also have some Flora pride by tetra that a friend gave me to use up. any suggestions on the fert tabs? I have a few whisper 10s so Ill put on of those in hopefully tonight. They are all cycled so it shouldnt be a problem. I appreciate the help and guidance and look forward to seing how it grows. Thanks for the well wishes.
Stay wel
Mick

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode