10g nano-HQL lights - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
10g nano-HQL lights

hello i`m new at the forum and i come from Slowenia.I have tanks for four years now.Before i kept fish,a few months ago i have set up a 25g planted,and i probably did somethig wrong because i have a lot of algi.
Anyway this is not a topic for this hread,i have two 10g and I dont know what ligts to use.Tanks are without covers and lights for nanos aren`t strong enough only 11w.I could use Dulux l 36w-daylight6000k,but i would have to make DIY holder for the tanks.As I was thinking what to do i found in a local shop HQL 80W-R DELUX FLORASET from osram.I dont know what to do these lights are complete no DIY,cheap,just fix them on the seeling and turn it on.I`m scared that 2W/L is a bit to much,what do you think?

Soory about my english.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Yes, that's too much light if you do not have CO2.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

I have CO2,can use it,or easy carbo -easy life carbon fertilizer.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:02 AM

It would probably work, I would worry about the tank getting too hot and the evaporation would suck a lot.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/86%)
you could put the two tanks back to back and the HQI in the middle of them, giving them each 4 watts per gallon. If you had c02 that could work great.

This user has been suspended indefinitely due to the abuse of the Swap and Shop forum.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

If fixed 50cm above the tank it covers exactly 45 cm wide area if lifted more,than it covers more i could go trythe sandwich.I was looking and i foun some 50W bulbs that i could replace.About the heating i won`t use any heater for the tanks room temp.and the light should be enough to keep it at 25C and i have RO for evaporation problem.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 02:46 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
if you use the 50 w bulb and co2, you could possibly have it work over just one tank

-Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your answers,i`ll try with 50w bulb and co2.I`ll put same pictures later on.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

I have finished my two nanos.Here are the pics.

Tanks arent fully planted yet because i could`t get eny mosses that i was planing,but going to get them this weekend-i hope-.In first one i`m planing to make a tree out of those roots,and the second i want it to look just natural habitat.I used in second depot mix Dennerle with some 2mm sand and on the top Lava gravel diferent size from 3-10mm+lava rocks.The first is only black gravel and i hope that HC will do ok in that if not then i will change it.both tanks are for shrimps so i`m limited in substrate choice and fert choice.LIghtining for the first one is HQL80W,second tank 40WL.
I`ll post some more pics when i get the mosses.
Any comment welcome.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
wow nice rocks. your lighting is like a nuke. isn't that means inviting algae?

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuzo View Post
wow nice rocks. your lighting is like a nuke. isn't that means inviting algae?
I hope not,i will have to be very careful with my ferts,i will be adding co2 but now first must save the money.Maybe some pistia or limnobium could lower the lights bellow.i`m thinking of a plant suitable for nano and very fast growing.Dont know jet which,but will keep looking.I`m going tomorow to the exotica fair and I`ll find there somethig.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode