my 2 10G setups - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
my 2 10G setups

After a long wait for a dw, collecting what i need to put up a new 10G for my shrimps, finally done it yesterday. I've thought of just changing my old set-ups substrate from regular pebbles to ec0, but i thought with the shrimp's numbers just way too hard to do it. So might as well just set-up a new one... so here it goes

Old One, been running for a year now... just regular pebble with two 6700 coralife screw on bulb...no ferts no co2...plants are Java Ferns, windelovs, Anubias Nana and petite, water sprite, a hygro that never grew and never die either. Gayii on the pot will be planted on the new tank on left back corner.

And now the new one: Just put up yesterday..eco substrate, dw and calcium rocks( i heard they're good for shrimp?? ) for hardscape. Just a regular 14watt flourescent, started with flourish excel and flourish. Java Fern, anubias Nana, java moss, and water sprite.

Any comments, suggestions and critisms are all welcome and appreciated. Thanks, and enjoy...

Last edited by lemuj; 04-03-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: new Pic added...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/95%)
i like it.thanks for sharing
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
That windelov in your original tank is gorgeous! Are you taking down your original tank, or are you keeping both?

I like the driftwood in the new set up a lot, but Im concerned about the "calcium rocks". If these rocks are leeching minerals into the water, they're going to change your hardness and pH. Keep an eye on those two parameters. Keep in mind, some shrimp, like CRS, prefer soft acidic water.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 01:50 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
Great job..

Seeing as your in Canada I'm sure we can do some plant trading. By mail of course.

Little word of wisdom. Since you want to keep shrimp. Get yourself a sponge cover for your filter. I've seen people use AquaClear white filter sponge for this. Cut a hole and insert onto filter.

Riddler
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to fish-aholic
Where did you purchase the mineral rocks. What kind of shrimp do you plan on keeping?

Ehfipimp #277

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

there has been a little update on the new tank....i am very fortunate to recieve some moss fissedens from Jrs, and quickly tied it on the middle dw...just to see how it goes...JRS gave me some advice on how to do it , followed his instructions, and man it's pretty time consuming, but in the end, love the end result. I will put up an updated pic tomorrow as it is a little late right now...

Riddler: if you can see the floating sponge on top of the new set-up , that is actually the pre-filter that i am going to use for this one...it actually came from the old one, drop it in there to help the new tank cycle faster. Just didn't want to put it on yet as i have a lot of floating stuffs that i want out...

Fish-aholic - the rocks was previously used in a shrimp tank as well (i think???) it was just given to me by another hobbyist. I will be keeping RCS in it, basically just moving the one from my old one.

FrostyNYC: i will eventually take down my old set-up. I have a 38G main tank and will build me a new tank that i be able to put the new 10G in the bottom. I live in a condo, having too many tank isn't working (as per wife).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

not a very good shot,but as promised here's a pic with new fissedens on the dw. I'm thinking of which one to put in the middle of that dw...should i put java fern or windelov fern, any suggestions???

here's a pic...i i will finished attaching the rest of the fissedens on the dw tomorrow morning.... oh my oh my, and what should i do with the java moss???

enjoy

Last edited by lemuj; 04-05-2008 at 04:02 AM.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode