Nano tank Plant Problems? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation Nano tank Plant Problems?

I have 3 nano tanks running fairly low tech. i have a 2.5 gallon, .5 gallon, and a .7 gallon (im guessing, it didnt say when i bought it). anyway, the 2.5 is fine, but the others are not. i have some dwarf hair grass and some unidentified moss, which did well for a while. theres also some hygrophila in one of the tanks, some floaters (frogbit, etc) and needle leaf ludwigia (purchased yesterday).
however the past couple of days the plants have been growing what looks like dust (it definitely isnt algae), and looks weird. its especially all over the moss.
i routinely dose the tanks with liquid CO2 and 'plant food' (aqueon). they both have good lighting set ups and everything seems normal. one of them does not have a bubbler, but the one with the bubbler seems worse.
what could it be? how can i get rid of it?
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
By liquid co2 I assume your dosing excel. Dwarf hairgrass and quite a lot of plants don't respond well to excel. Also why are you using a bubbler that's gassing off any trace remnants that you manage to get from the liquid co2. I tried to go low tech on my 2 gallon spec growing baby tears and dwarfs hair grass, for the first few days everything seemed fine but after a week the hairgrass started turning brown and looked as if decaying,I then began dosing dry ferts and pressurized co2 and everything is growing better. If you can't afford pressurized co2 then at least make a diy reactor it's cheap and apparently very popular, I myself was going to go that route but I would rather have most of my equipment automated.

Tags
dying plants, nano tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode