Rescaped my 10g, need suggestions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (12/100%)
Rescaped my 10g, need suggestions

I went to Big Al's the other day and was inspired to do a mini rescape. I pull out all my ugly half dead ferns and replaced them with an Anubias. I also found some nice HC growing on lava rocks so I grabbed a couple. The anubias in the pot is temporary, I'm bringing it to work on Monday for my low light nano.

I'm thinking about switching out my 28W Coral Life for a 36W bulb but I'm worried it will fry my anabias. I really want to HC to stay alive though and I think I need more light for it.

I'm also looking for something red, I've tried 3 types of Ludwigia but they all turn green after a couple trimmings.

Any suggestions?

(sorry for the crummy photos, it's the best I could do without a tripod)
Before:

After:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
The before and after both look great from here.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
You're off to a great start. I like it just the way it is.

Thanks for sharing!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I also think that it looks really nice as is. If I were to offer any suggestions I would say avoid putting your tallest stuff in the middle of the background. Move that tall plant to the right side and it will give you that nice concave look, along with also possibly hiding the diffuser and heater a bit better. But that's just my unqualified perspective.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (12/100%)
Thanks for the compliments

I ordered the ADA 36W 8,000k compact florescent in hopes of keeping my HC alive. I'm hoping it will bring out the colors a little more too. My 28W wasn't enough to keep HM or glosso alive so I know it won't cut it for the HC either.

I think I might try some moss on the driftwood if I can some that looks healthy. I also might try some Rotala or Ammania gracilis if I can find any.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
i like the setup, it looks great.

if you have CO2 you may want too tie on some riccia to the wood instead of moss.

i reccomend a yellow or orange rotala not macrandra since a bright splotch of pink in all that lush green may be too distracting/

My Tanks:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode