12" x 12" x 12" ----> that is NOT a Cube <---- 1 month update w/Pics - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 09:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
I really really like that vase. There is something special when it comes to cylinders. My wife said that it is a more natural shape then a rectangle. The fish seem to agree: they keep swimming around the perimeter: no walls to bump into.

The glass quality is bad, pretty bad. But looking at the end-result from a step away just makes the quality of the container a non-issue. I was not happy when the vase arrived, but it was the only one I could find in the shape and size I wanted. The clarity is good, the 'distortion' is uniform, so, I can live with some bubbles and smudges.

This vase had no stickers. All vases of much superior quality that I have or have seen were made in Poland. Just check out the Crate and Barrel web site. If you can catch their stuff on sale, they are well worth the price, imho.

v3
I should have known you had one of these squirreled away on this forum somewhere in the past.

I just ordered a cylinder of the same dimensions and Im going to copy this journal and do it just like this. I wonder where iI can get some Blyxia like these beautiful specimens .

Where ya been, my friend? We all need some updates!
And, just a reminder, Sacramento Aquarium Society is having its Mega-Auction on first Saturday of October. You can bring some stuff to sell to have more money for new stuff or bring a pocketful of bills to buy other peoples stuff. Im thinking of doing both .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode