12g nano cube, from salt to fresh in a weekend. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
12g nano cube, from salt to fresh in a weekend.

I've had this nano cube for around 2 years now. it started as a salt tank, and over the course of those years I've spent around $1k on the tank + inhabitants. Thanks to some bad purchases, boredom, laziness, etc the tank went through ups and downs.

I ended up selling off everything in it to a buddy for next to nothing; i was done with it.

I originally wanted to do it as a fresh water tank, but my wife thought that would be boring.

I'll have to dig around for a more recent photo if the salt version.

Flora:
Anubias of various size, some random plant in the back left, and vals along the right that'll hopefully grow to cover the coraline algae

Planned Fauna:
14ish Endlers
1 male Apisto cacatuoides
maybe some pygmy cories

I'm planning on replacing the PC bulbs w/ an LED fixture from BML once they get their 7" fixtures done. The tank is currently low tech, and I am debating on dirting it since I've got MTS in the shed.

Further, i'm not entirely pleased with the layout, but I think once it grows in it'll look good. I'm thinking about hair grass, or possible making a plastic divider to replace the front section, and a bit under the wood, of flora-max w/ play sand to really emphasize the wood sticking out past. I might fill in some of the root area with some crypts I have in my 125.

Last edited by scapegoat; 03-06-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: stop asking me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Wow I really like the look of it now... That wood and anubias go great together. As for foreground I would suggest doing something small and compact that doesn't require to much maintenetce or light. I think a gloss carpet would really make this take look outstanding.

75G, 29G, 20L, 12L, 10G, 5 Nano's, 3 Betta bowls

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Everybody has too much of something...me? I have fish tanks.*
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have a 12g nano as well and I was debating whether I could switch it over to a freshwater (currently empty with the exception of a turbo snail). Did you switch out the pump? The standard pump is too much flow for a freshwater tank and wanted to see how you approached it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDave View Post
Wow I really like the look of it now... That wood and anubias go great together. As for foreground I would suggest doing something small and compact that doesn't require to much maintenetce or light. I think a gloss carpet would really make this take look outstanding.
Thanks. I'll look into glosso. A nice short compact carpet would by nice. though, glosso is a high light plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas356 View Post
I have a 12g nano as well and I was debating whether I could switch it over to a freshwater (currently empty with the exception of a turbo snail). Did you switch out the pump? The standard pump is too much flow for a freshwater tank and wanted to see how you approached it.
I'm actually using an even more powerful pump than it originally had. I upgraded it while still a salt tank. If it proves too much I'll swap it out for the stock one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scapegoat; 03-07-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: ssssssss

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode