Best way to rescape a nano?
I'm thinking of redoing the aquascape on my Spec 2, but I'm wondering how much of a hassle it's going to be. I have about 15 shrimp in there and not much in the way of plants (jungle vals, 2 anubias, small amount of moss). I'm just wondering how I should go about the rescape. Here's how I think it should be done, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could correct me on an of the specifics:
1. Drain at least half of the water from the tank in a container.
2. Pull out any decorations and plants that won't disturb the substrate too much. Don't want to kick up too much debris.
3. Net shrimp and place them in the container with the old tank water.
4. Remove any remaining plants.
5. Drain remaining water. Not sure how much of it I should keep and not sure if I should siphon gravel as well while I'm at it because gravel likely won't get siphoned again until the next rescape.
Now, I'm not sure if I should keep the water levels high enough so that the filter continues to run. I don't want the beneficial bacteria to die out while I'm rescaping. At any rate, I'd like to know what everyone else does when rescaping a shrimp tank.