cal aqua fluxus set vs ada lilly pipes vs flo pipes - The Planted Tank Forum
View Poll Results: which glass pipes for a ada mini-m?
cal aqua fluxus 22 47.83%
ada lilly pipes 15 32.61%
aqmagic flo pipes 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
cal aqua fluxus set vs ada lilly pipes vs flo pipes

has anyone had the cal aqua pipes, lilly pipes or the flo pipes? what is your experience with each?

here are the fluxus pipes,
http://www.calaqualabs.com/Filtration.html
$60 w/ shipping

lilly pipes,
http://www.adgshop.com/Filtration_System_s/6.htm
$148 w/o shipping

flo pipes (cant find the inflo pipe?)
http://stores.ebay.com/AquaticMagic_...QQftidZ1QQtZkm
outflo pipe $30 in flo $???

dont forget to vote!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to slickwillislim
I haven't tried any of them, but if I was in your position I would get the mini pipes from ADA... Are you worried they won't give enough flow?

I have a mini M and I made some diy lillie pipes similar to the mini ones from ADA and I think they work great.

I have there mini diffusor and I can confidently say that their glass work is leagues above the other glass aquarium products I have seen.

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwillislim View Post
I haven't tried any of them, but if I was in your position I would get the mini pipes from ADA... Are you worried they won't give enough flow?

I have a mini M and I made some diy lillie pipes similar to the mini ones from ADA and I think they work great.

I have there mini diffusor and I can confidently say that their glass work is leagues above the other glass aquarium products I have seen.
im not worried about the flow rates at all, im just trying to see what other people think about the ones they have.

i really think that the cal aqua pipes are a great bargain.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to garuf
I've just bought a set of cal aqua nano's, I'll review quality when they arrive.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garuf View Post
I've just bought a set of cal aqua nano's, I'll review quality when they arrive.
i would really like to hear your thoughts, when they arrive.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

So far they look nice, my tank is 30cm deep and the inflow is 15, which could prove a problem, this said the substrate is 3-6cm deep so the distance between the bottom of the inflow and the substrate is only 10cm so it might not be that bad, we'll just have to wait and see.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

Cal aquas arrived today, first impressions, Lovely, small but very high quality.
Fitted, they're near on invisible and the lily produces a visible vortex on the waters surface, (much to my surprise)
I'd like a longer inflow but find it to be much better than the Eheim I was running previously.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 07:22 PM
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
the Ada pipes are better, the calaqua's are cheaper, that the BL

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

How are the ada pipes better?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
Quote:
How are the ada pipes better?
They say ADA?

If I was buying pipes It would depend on the amount I had to spend on them, If money was no object ada all the way. But I would probably realistically in the future if I have a tank that I want pipes go with a lesser expensive but still high quality pipe like the cal aqua ones. Maybe try my hand at making my own? Add some colored glass to the ends, could look really cool!

-Andrew
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Newb View Post
They say ADA?

-Andrew
I was going to say that but didn't want to cause any trouble.
Seriously though, Justification is needed for such a sweeping statement.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks for the responses fellas, keep em' coming.

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
I'm gonna start a 60P soon.

I totally want the ADA pipes so I can work to a whole ada set up eventually (yeah right xD), but I'm gonna probably go with the nano set from cal aqua.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
I was going to say that but didn't want to cause any trouble.
Seriously though, Justification is needed for such a sweeping statement.
I agree with garuf.

CM, If you own a set of both and can explain the pro's and con's of each that would be great.

For myself, I've not often bought into hype and name brands if I know of something tried and true that can be used for a fraction of the cost.
Call me cheap or perhaps frugal...lol

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Actually the ADA Lily pipes are $107

Inflow Mini V-1 13mm $50
Outflow Mini P-2 13mm $57

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode