Fluval 88g Co2 Kit for 10Gal Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to bluelife
Fluval 88g Co2 Kit for 10Gal Tank

Hi Friends,

Im a new member here and i have a 10g planted tank . Im planning to use the Fluval 88g Co2 Kit . Would anyone be able to tell me how long will the canister last if im going to run it at 1bubble/3 seconds for 8 hours a day?

I would also appreciate if the experts here could take a look at my tanks pics and give me some feedback on how it looks and how it could be made better.

BlueLife -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

28 G Planted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
I use a 88g at 1 bubble a second and it jsut ran out. Run 8hrs a day and took about 4.5 weeks to drain. Becareful tho they drain VERY fast. One day the reeading will be normal, the next day it will be half and only last a couple days more. Saying this because as we speak, I am out and waiting on amazon to hurry up and SHIP my order from last week
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkinator View Post
I use a 88g at 1 bubble a second and it jsut ran out. Run 8hrs a day and took about 4.5 weeks to drain. Becareful tho they drain VERY fast. One day the reeading will be normal, the next day it will be half and only last a couple days more. Saying this because as we speak, I am out and waiting on amazon to hurry up and SHIP my order from last week
Amazon Prime buddy.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
Amazon Prime buddy.
I totally would have, but since its pressurized they dont qualify for prime and they dont offer 2 day for this item
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
I totally would have, but since its pressurized they dont qualify for prime and they dont offer 2 day for this item
I just looked. I don't think it matters that they're pressurized, it's just Amazon doesn't have the 3 pack in stock. The single one is in stock and available to me for 2 day shipping.

Edit. It is available and for 2 day shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-20g-CO2-Disposable-Cartridges-3-Pack/dp/B004G46QQI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=1A4RRHTKFMWABHH5QB7K Make sure to go to "More offers" and select the one sold by Amazon. Items that are selling for cheaper than Amazon offers usually get the front page and you have to go digging for the Amazon offer. Just realized that's the 20g, the 88g is out of stock.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That is what the customer service rep told me when i tried to change it but didnt have the option. I bought from amazon. Ill try it next time tho, ty
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
I just looked. I don't think it matters that they're pressurized, it's just Amazon doesn't have the 3 pack in stock. The single one is in stock and available to me for 2 day shipping.

Edit. It is available and for 2 day shipping. 3 pack Make sure to go to "More offers" and select the one sold by Amazon. Items that are selling for cheaper than Amazon offers usually get the front page and you have to go digging for the Amazon offer. Just realized that's the 20g, the 88g is out of stock.
Yeah so this is what Amazon CS said to me if anyone else ever finds themself in the same place:

"As I look on to the order and tried to change shipping the system will not allow me, since the item is tagged as hazmat, Some items listed on our site may only be shipped via Standard U.S. shipping or No-Rush Shipping. Your Fluval 88g-CO2 Disposable Cartridges listed as containing hazardous material. Amazon Prime members still receive free shipping on these items if they're designated as eligible for Amazon Prime. However, we're unable to ship them via expedited shipping methods."
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Yeah so this is what Amazon CS said to me if anyone else ever finds themself in the same place:

"As I look on to the order and tried to change shipping the system will not allow me, since the item is tagged as hazmat, Some items listed on our site may only be shipped via Standard U.S. shipping or No-Rush Shipping. Your Fluval 88g-CO2 Disposable Cartridges listed as containing hazardous material. Amazon Prime members still receive free shipping on these items if they're designated as eligible for Amazon Prime. However, we're unable to ship them via expedited shipping methods."
That's very interesting because no where on the page does it say that. If I add them to my cart it says Guarantee 2 day shipping, have item by XX Date.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
That's very interesting because no where on the page does it say that. If I add them to my cart it says Guarantee 2 day shipping, have item by XX Date.
Yep, but as the CS rep pointed out to me if you look right below it says "Usually ships within 3 - 5 weeks. "

Im sooo effin pissed, now my plants are going to die... Oh and they gave me $5 for my troubles, ROFL!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Yep, but as the CS rep pointed out to me if you look right below it says "Usually ships within 3 - 5 weeks. "

Im sooo effin pissed, now my plants are going to die... Oh and they gave me $5 for my troubles, ROFL!!
Thatpetplace.com usually has the best prices on pet supplies and if you order over $89 it's free shipping. Not as fast as prime but not too slow either. You could always cancel that order too.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Thatpetplace.com usually has the best prices on pet supplies and if you order over $89 it's free shipping. Not as fast as prime but not too slow either. You could always cancel that order too.
So does DR fosters and Smith, I have always had good relations with them, so looks like they will be getting the majority of my business. Just ordered from them.

BTW Thanks a TON for helping me get this sorted out. Appreciate it
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
So does DR fosters and Smith, I have always had good relations with them, so looks like they will be getting the majority of my business. Just ordered from them.

BTW Thanks a TON for helping me get this sorted out. Appreciate it
I've ordered from them a few times they are pretty good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode