Mini M Filter - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Mini M Filter

Ok, Im buying an ADA Mini M. I will be buying the mini inflow/outflow lily pipes to go with them. I see that just about everyone has an idea as to what the best canister filter for this setup would be, but alot of them seem like overkill to me. I am looking for 3 things in a canister for this setup:
1) Will work with an inline heater.
2) Will work with the lily pipes.
3) I do not want to see green tubing. (Even if I get an Eheim, can I switch the tubing?)
Can anyone tell me what the best possible filter would be for this setup and why? Thanks -

Irish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 04:37 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
I have an Eheim Ecco 2232 on my Mini M. You can use an inline heater, switch the tubing to clear, and it fits the mini lily pipes. You can even turn down the flow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
You do NOT have to use Eheim tubing with an Eheim filter

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Ok, cool. Assuming I go with the Eheim Ecco 2232, which type of tubing (preferably clear) will work with this, and where can I get it? Also, can you recommend a good quality inline heater?
Thanks -

Irish
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
HYDOR ETH 201 INLINE AQUARIUM HEATER best inline heater IMO. You cat get the tubing at most any fish shop or home dept would be cheaper

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Yeah I bought some 1/2" clear tubing at home depot for almost nothing for my reef a while ago.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)
Yea, the tubing is a little over a dollar or so for a good long amount at Home Depot. Just make sure you're using the right size for the respective filter.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Just a heads up. I got an email from ADA saying that they will have new lily pipes for the mini in Feb '08. So if you wait till then, ADG or Aquaforest will have them in. They also will have new tools. Check out the site. Sorry to hi-jack the thread.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

With info like that, hijack away! Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if they will be putting out new lily pipes just for the minis or all of them?

Irish
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
cant really go wrong with the eheims from what i have read but, fwiw i have a toms mini cannister on my mini m and diffuse co2 in it. it has worked flawlessly and makes no noise whatsoever.

just trying to save you some cash!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Saving cash is also always a good thing! How do you diffuse CO2 in it?

Irish
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
i just have my diy co2 in the cabinet under the tank, have the co2 line running up to the tank with the tube lodged into the cannister intake with a sponge prefilter over it (so i dont suck up any baby rcs) and the filter does ther rest! here is a pic of the final product.

you can see the co2 tube running next to the intake tube if you look closely.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
With info like that, hijack away! Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if they will be putting out new lily pipes just for the minis or all of them?

Irish
I'm not sure, but it will probably be for the Mini lily pipes that are going to be new. Just wait and check the english ADA website. You can see there are new tools. Good luck.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode