Can anyone suggest a good brand of smaller tank for me? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Can anyone suggest a good brand of smaller tank for me?

Hey guys, I'm looking for ideas for a brand of small tank that others have had good experiences with. I've kept small tanks before that were all Jebo brand, and they were total pieces of junk I need something that is better quality. Here's what I'm wanting to do:

- Tank size of about 6ish gallons to setup at my office

- Will need a good power filter of some sort (biowheel or other)

- Enough light to grow lower-light plants such as anubias, crypts, java moss, java fern, etc. I must have live plants.

- Will not use C02 but will dose with Flourish Excel instead

- Substrate will be Oiso Sand (I've always wanted this stuff and finally found a place that sells it online)

- Inhabitants will likely be two dwarf puffers (male and female) and an Otocinclus or two

- Do not want to spend a bazillion dollars on it

So, what suggestions do you guys have? I've seen the Eclipse and Minibow tanks but have never owned either. Is there another brand that might be better (biocube, etc.)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...6619-nano.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
here is a link to my nano set up. so far i have been thouroughly pleased with the ada mini-m and the tom rapids mini cannister!

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pl...be-mini-m.html

for the money you really cant beat the ada mini series tanks.

adgshop.com

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 05:05 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (36/97%)
Send a message via AIM to screename
+1 for the ADA mini m or mini s or 30-C
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)
I love my ADA mini-m tank (looks so sleek, especially with the solar light) but I have to say that there are sets of rimless tanks in some LFS that I also love.

Looks exactly like this:

My LFS has a set of them in different sizes, and now I want one of the bigger ones. Having a hard time, but if you can find them, I would go for it. Looks great, but is cheap.

I like the zoomed filter, but only because I keep shrimp and I don't want shrimp cocktail. At least with the zoomed, the shrimps will live in the canister. (I've tried the sock/sponge over intake but I hate it; clogs the filter up.) If you just have fish, a red sea nano filter should work fine.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking at the site that sells the ADA cubes but I can't figure out how many gallons they are. Can anyone give me an estimated number for the smaller ones?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

What kind of lighting do you use for the ADA tanks?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode