Aquatech or Green Leaf CO2 regulator? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aquatech or Green Leaf CO2 regulator?

Guy I need help picking out a regulator. I'm getting a paintball regulator since it's for a 8 gallon nano tank and don't have too much space for a huge cylinder. I can't decide between the Aquatech mini or the atomic paintball regulator with solenoid by GLA. The Aquatech is $80 and the GLA is $150. Can you guys help me pick one out? I don't mind spending the extra cash for quality built and customer service but if the Aquatech is just as good then I would rather go with that since it does have 2 gauges. Thank you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have aquatek mini regulator for paintball set up. Although it's been fine for 3 months now, I would not buy from aquatek because there's no customer service whatsoever. Tried to contact them several times after I bought mine with no success. I will go with GLA and they have 3 years warranty on theirs. I hope aquatek sees this post, well, probably wouldn't care anyway.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
My regulator from GLA works perfectly. The 3yr warranty is awesome and just makes it that much better. Orlando is awesome too. When I first got it I had a problem with initially cracking open the new check valve. Turns out my working pressure was too low. It had to be higher to crack the valve open for the first time which I did not know. Orlando responded to my messages within 15 MINUTES and walked me through the whole process until I finally got it working after an hour of fumbling with it. The warranty, customer service and excellent quality of the regulator are totally worth the price. You won't be disappointed. I think I bought the "Choice" regulator. Works perfectly and the needle valve is solid.

~Sam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Home Depot has this
Viagrow .5 to 15 SCF CO2 Regulator for $89.97 with 3 year warranty. Will it work for aquarium co2 systems?

3 Gal Betta Tank | 10 Gal Shrimp/Fry Tank |
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
I have an Aquatek Mini, and would not do it again. The bubble counter is useless, and the solenoid not reliable.

go with GLA
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
I've had the aquatek mini for months with no issues. Solenoid, bubble counter, needle valve all works fine. I guess these are hit or miss seeing as some people don't like them. I'm happy with mine. Good Luck

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
I have two aquatek mini for about a year now, still works perfectly.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
I am using the Aquatek Mini and it works perfectly. I am happy with the purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 5
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
I went with Green leaf aquariums and even before I got my product I had some questions about it. I emailed them and within 30mins Orlando answered back, helped me with multiple questions, researched some sizes for me and even helped me add some items free of shipping charge. So not only is it hi quality products, but the customer service is just amazing! Something to think about when you order. I was very happy
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via AIM to jamesyu Send a message via Yahoo to jamesyu
I own two aquatek mini's 1 is 2 weeks, and 1 is 3 months, no problems so far. very happy with them. Pretty consistent results.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
for those that are happy with their Aquatek Mini, any advice on how far to adjust the valve?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER View Post
I have aquatek mini regulator for paintball set up. Although it's been fine for 3 months now, I would not buy from aquatek because there's no customer service whatsoever. Tried to contact them several times after I bought mine with no success. I will go with GLA and they have 3 years warranty on theirs. I hope aquatek sees this post, well, probably wouldn't care anyway.
+1 mine failed after about 4 months of use, I sent it to them, they claimed they never got it, now they won't send me a new one, and I am out about 100 bucks.

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 03-21-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: No vendor reviews
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
My AquaTek also failed after 4 months, the solenoid does not close when the timer is engaged and my co2 is running 24/7 now. Email correspondence was very spotty and then eventually became non-existant.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
I just bought the aquatek mini, but you can get the same one as the gla on ebay for $108 search for "intense".

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
The aquatek is junk. The one I got was bad out of the box. The needle valve would only turn about a quarter turn with lots of grinding. I returned it to amazon and went with a gla paintball regulator. Im very happy with it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode