Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to xcooperx
5 Gallon Tank Journal

5 Gallon Tank
2x 18 watts 6500k (Via Aqua)
ADA Amazonia Substrate
Pressurized co2 / Glass Diffuser

Thanks to Marimoballs (Victor) on letting us borrow his 5 Gallon setup to be a display tank at the store (Fish Etc, SOCAL) to promote Aquatic Plants, o far the tank is doing great. This are some of the photos while we are seting it up:

And also thanks to Cohazard (Serg) on helping us to scape the tank.

We use Zebra Rock and some Manzanita Driftwood for the Hardscape.

20 Gal. JBJ 2x65watts CF, ADA Aquasoil, JBJ Pressurized Co2, Rhinox 3000 and Aquaclear 50 (Current Tank)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last Updated: April. 11, 2013
29 Gal. Coralife 130watts CF, ADA Aquasoil, JBJ Pressurized c02,Rhinox 2000 and Xp2 (RETIRED)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last Updated: Dec. 15, 2006
20L 65watts CF , 100 % Eco-Complete, JBJ Pressurized co2 w/ Rhinox 1000 and Fluval 203 (RETIRED)
Last Updated: October 1, 2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Looking good so far.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
I had been collecting all the equipment for a couple of months, but I don't have the room for it right now. So Cooper allowed me to set up the tank at his shop. This way I set up the tank and others can enjoy the tank, in the hopes that some people may convert from the salty and monster fish tanks to refreshing green planted tanks. Plants include HC, HM, anubia nana petite, Taiwan moss blyxa Japonica, rotla rotundifolia, lilaeposis macloviana(in the near future), hygrophyla ceylon, and microsorum pteropus. Later we may add marsela m. Fish for this tank will be micro rasboras that Coop will special order. Shrimp will be Amano shrimp and maybe some green or reds. Tank is currently going through the cycle process. Coop reports that there is alot of amonia due to the aquasoil and power sand. For now no CO2 just Excel until we get a needle valve. Thanks to Coop (xcooperx) and Serj (cohazard). Second pic is Serj planting HC third is Serj and me (see why my name is marimoball lol), and fifth pic is Cooper filling up the tank.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Cohazard
Vic and Cooper, thanks for letting me help! I had fun, and just talking planted tanks with fellow enthusiasts is a great way to spend an evening. I learned a lot that day.

You guys are already converting me from Monsters to planted setups lol

I'll always have my bichir collection, but now I want to upgrade my 20g L to like a 40g breeder or something.

://Serg

"Brawndo's got what plants crave... it's got electrolytes"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
Lookin good

Do you know by chance if the Via Aqua light is for sale anywhere separate from the tank? I've been looking for a housing like that to make an HQI pandant for an 8gl finnex reef tank. Don't see any useful Via Aqua info online

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Jaidexl the via aqua light does not come separate you have to buy the 8gal tank. I bought the used via aqua tank on craigslist for cheap I only wanted the light so all the SW stuff was given away or tossed, then I swapped out the actinic bulb for a 6500k bulb.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
Thanks for the info. I could use the housing that came with the finnex but it looks like a big mushroom, lol, that VA looks nice. Guess I'll keep looking.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Cohazard
So how does it look after a week? Any growth? (yeah I'm impatient like Victor )

Did you add that mini C02 bottle or are you using excel?

://Serg

"Brawndo's got what plants crave... it's got electrolytes"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Still using the Excel. Yesterday I added Purigen to the filter and it took the yellow tint out of the water. a heater was added as well as a black background.
10 lamp eye tetra were added to the tank. Amanos shrimp wil lbe going in soon.
the HC has started to spread. Cooper will add some micro sword today. Ill try to update with pics soon. Ill be at the shop on Saturday.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

These are more pictures of day one (one week ago)

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
I dig it, good job.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode