new 8" cube - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
new 8" cube

here's the 8" cube i just set up. no shrimp yet. gotta figure out where to put the betta.

last night JUST after set up.

after 20 min of filtering

this morning

sorry for the TERRIBLE pictures. they're from a BlackBerry Pearl...

Last edited by ovenmit331; 01-21-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
that looks great! you did a good job picking out those rocks.

what kind of sub. are you using, and what kind of filtration and lighting do you have?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith782 View Post
that looks great! you did a good job picking out those rocks.

what kind of sub. are you using, and what kind of filtration and lighting do you have?
substrate is eco
filtration is an azoo palm filter
lighting is the home depot 27w CF desklamp

thanks for the compliments. just threw some plants in there for a little while. they'll all outgrow the tank in a hurry (moneywort, crypts wendtii, and anacharis). thinkin about DHG or HC as a foreground. may need to get some more eco for behind the rocks. not really sure. also kinda wish i had some more of these rocks but much smaller. i've thought about breaking the third one i got from you up and using them.

also, i added 6ish RCS and we'll see how they do...

and my black molly completely disappeared...

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

where could the molly have one, thats wierd.

are you going to do co2 or xcel?

i would smash the rocks, maybe the one your not using. i was thinking about doing that with one of the rocks i have left and adding them to my m.

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

i have no idea where he went... looked ALL over.

i have some DIY co2 stuff but the bubble ladder i have won't fit and would look HORRIBLE. i think i may just go with the excel, although i would like to get the ada mini diffusor thing.

how much excel should i dose daily on that little thing?

and i may smash the rocks today and see what happens...
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

also, i have an anubias nana.. where should i plant it?
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

you know about the progression of my tank as far as the co2 is concerned, i found it very hard to diffuse co2 through a ceramic disk with the diy setup (probly needed 2-2L bottles to get a decent ppm of dissolved co2.

what tank are you using the toms filter on? it may be worth your time to put it in this one and dissolve the co2 in it. in my mini m its working like a champ!

you will probly need to get a syringe to dose the excell in that tank, thats what i use but im a diabetic and have needles all over the place. .25ml-.3ml would do the trick.

if the nana is petiete id put it in the front if its regular nana id put it in the back.

Last edited by bsmith; 12-03-2007 at 06:57 PM.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

i think i'm just gonna go with excel. at only 3mL / day the bottle should last quite a while. where can i get a syringe?

my Tom's is on my 10g and working perfectly. i think i may start bubbling the co2 into it and not use the bubble ladder. do you just have the co2 tube somehow stuck under the intake? got any pictures?

if i put the tom's on the cube i think the flow would be ridiculous.
and it's nana petite. i'll throw it in front. maybe get some normal nana for the back, and then think about going with DHG for the foreground cover.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

you can get a syringe from wallgreens or any pharmacy in your area (or i could throw one in an envelope and just mail it to you, if you like).

i cant get a clear pic of my intake but i just have the co2 tubing wedged into the strainer on the intake and have a prefilter ontop of that so my shrimps dont get sucked up. it just bubbles up the intake tube and gets dissolved in the cannister..

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

i'm headed to walmart for black thread anyways... i'll stop by the pharmacy. gotta get it from the counter i assume? just ask for a syringe? (actually need a couple)
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenmit331 View Post
i'm headed to walmart for black thread anyways... i'll stop by the pharmacy. gotta get it from the counter i assume? just ask for a syringe? (actually need a couple)
just get them in a 1cc size 1cc=1ml i was wrong about the excel dosing, you only need .25-.3 ml of excel!!! get the u100 syringes, with them 10units is .1 ml.

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

oh dang... that coulda been overdose city.

i bought some plastic oral syringes that have down to .2ml but they're gonna be pretty tough to use on the cube... you said you've got one you could send, right? how much?
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenmit331 View Post
oh dang... that coulda been overdose city.

i bought some plastic oral syringes that have down to .2ml but they're gonna be pretty tough to use on the cube... you said you've got one you could send, right? how much?
yeah im glad i caught that one!

i probly have a unopened bag of 10 lying around somewhere, ill check when i get home and just toss them in the mail for ya.

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith782 View Post
yeah im glad i caught that one!

i probly have a unopened bag of 10 lying around somewhere, ill check when i get home and just toss them in the mail for ya.
that would be fantastic. they're re-useable, right? any reason to ever switch to a new one?
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

no problem, they are re-useable but you never know.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode