Fugeray or Aquatop Nano Type-P Led for 4 g cube - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fugeray or Aquatop Nano Type-P Led for 4 g cube

I just started another tank up .Its a 4 g Aquatop cube (10x10x10) . This will be a low tech tank. Plants will be Anubias ,crypts and maybe some moss .Which of the 2 lights would be better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
I hAve the type p and i like it for the cube.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
might need something to cut back the intensity for those lights

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
What about a Fugeray-R? Should be perfect for that cube.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
| [
]
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
i think the light's a bit strong if you use the fixture it comes with, btu i removed it and put it up higher for mine.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
I have be loving my Fugeray R on my Fluval Spec, its only been up for a week or so yet, but seems to hit the spot. The adjustable arm that comes with it allows you to put it 4"-5" or so above the tank.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Planted Member

The fugeray is good for low light plants. Really nice small fixture. From experience, if you need plants with more demanding lighting I wouldnt use LEDs. Im using a fugeray on my 10 gallon and my dwarf sag died off. The plants you are planning to use would be fine tho.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the replies ,at moment I'm still using a Desk lamp with CFL . I'm still undecided ,but will switch to LED soon. First of all it looks much better on such a small tank and second the CFL has to much heat .
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
I have the Aquatop Nano Type-P on my 5.5g tank and am very happy with it. With your tank height of 10", I think it would be perfect.

20g High Tank:

Mini-M Low Tech Desk Tank:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Algae Grower

I have been using a deep blue professional Solarflare mini led on my 12x12x12 cube and it has been great. It has a 3w 6500k led and 2 .25w blue led for night. I can't say how it compares to the lights you asked about, but it has worked great for my plants and I believe it is a little cheaper than the ones you listed (and free shipping with amazon prime).

I have read complaints of it being to much of a spot light and not covering much area but it works fine for my tank. The 2 blue night lights are pretty weak and dont do much, but I didn't care much for a night light anyways.

Here is a link to the light on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Blue-Professional-ADB42890-Solarflare/dp/B007AA4D7O/ref=sr_1_sc_4?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1391472568&sr=1-4-spell&keywords=deep+blu+led
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Algae Grower

Here is a pic of mine right after messing around in the tank so you can see the light going through the sediment. You can see where people get the idea of it being like a spot light with how narrow the light is at the top of the water. it spreads out nicely though and covers the entire bottom. I guess a dense plant of hardscape that reached the top towards the center could cast a large shadow, but I had no problem even after a few of the tiger lily leaves floated the top middle before I had to move it to a larger tank.

note: I have removed the mondo grass. I bought it as an impulse buy and didn't realize it is not an aquarium plant.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode