PTrader: (0/0%)
2.5g betta nano

I am planning on starting a 2.5g betta nano for my room. the equipment is
1" of gravel or sand
1 whisper filter (may add another)
7.5 watt mini heater
small light (have to get one)
small top

I am planning on at least a male betta, might also get an ADF or 2, or maybe some shrimp. I am planning to get the betta today, and start QTing him. will update when I get back with all the goodies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Algae Grower

I'd think twice about the shrimp in with a betta.

In my experience, they just become tasty snacks.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomrambler View Post
I'd think twice about the shrimp in with a betta.

In my experience, they just become tasty snacks.
Too many variables. Depends on the size tank. Depends on how well it's planted. Depends on the size of the shrimp. Depends on the personality of the individual Betta. I kept a betta with shrimp in a 10 gallon with no problems, but he was a laid back fish that would rather his food came in pellet form and the tank was covered up in Java Moss.

So, that's one of those things that welllll, it might work. Might not. If one wants to try though, it's best to try with some cheapy ghost shrimp from the LFS before adding anything more expensive. And make sure Mr. Betta stays well fed !

Sláinte!
Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

okay, its official. I need help, Im a betta addict. I went to petco for a single male betta. know what I came out with? 4 females. sigh.

about the shrimp, I have heard mixed things, but I have kept shrimp with many bettas, so far no deaths. the new females are gourgeous! one is black bodied with a blue wash and with red fins edged in black, another is a near perfect red cambodian (pure white bodied with red fins, only a little red wash on face), and the last 2 (who I think are sisters) look to be red butterflys (red bodied with red fins edged in white then black. all are either crappy crown tails or combtails. one female has a small tear in her tail, and another has some patchy area were it looks like she lost scales, but other then that they look great. they will probably go into my 20g with Blu (blue crowntail female), and I will find a male for the 2.5g.

now, back to the build, I have the light. its a 27 watt desk light. I also got some black gravel. all I need now is plants and the like.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode