Thanks everyone for the positive remarks! I'm still in the trial and error period as I'm not entirely sure that the Blyxxa Aubertii will even make it without carbon supplementation (CO2). I do have some Flourish Excel laying around that I could start dosing. I've just go more than enough dry ferts lying around that it has evolved into somewhat of a chore making sure each tank gets what it needs on certain days.
BTW, I've noticed that I've got my first bit of GSA showing up on the front of the tank. I've upped my phosphate levels as a result and will update as time progresses.
Hopefully the cycling process will settle out soon so I can get some inhabitants into it.
On a side note, I purchased a new Agassizii male to go in my main 20 gallon tank, and moved my Tefe female in to this tank so he could get acclimated. But within an hour I came back to the kitchen to find that she had jumped out. Darn!
The stock cover that this tank came with will not fit at this point because of the addition of the HOB filter. As soon as I can get a dremel kit I can cut the necessary hole to allow it to be used. Evaporation on this tank is somewhat of an issue too being that it is a somewhat small body of water. Avg temp of the tank is 78 and the house sits at about 70.