3 gallon Eclipse rescape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
3 gallon Eclipse rescape

Here's my 3 gallon Eclipse. I removed the filter and top rim and added a Red Sea Nano filter and a 13 watt Red Sea Galaxy light. I'm not dosing anything...yet. I currently have 3 white clouds and an otto. Wish I could find sparkling or licorice gouramis around here, that's what I'd have instead, but oh well.

I may add some cherry shrimp that I have in a messy 10 gallon. The wood is a branchy manzanita bird perch, I guess it's sized for finches. I boiled it for a few hours and the water has never turned color.

Plants are riccia, weeping moss, java moss, peacock moss, anubias petite, anacharis, glosso, HC and dwarf hairgrass.

Thanks for looking

Eheim pimp #255

75 gallon semi-aggressive community tank with pressurized CO2, 8.6 gallon cherry shrimp tank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
40 breeder reef

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
Great start
One thing I can't tell but wanted to mention, are your Anubias "planted" or tied to a rock? They don't do well with their rhizome buried.

-Cassie S.
No fish or invert tanks right now... just 1 H. azureiventris...
But I'm working on that!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Wow, great tank! Is that the eclipse explorer? Cause it looks just like mine and I always wondered if it was 2 or 3 gals. And yeah, if the anubias do have it buried, it'll die won't it?

And won't the hc get overtaken by the glosso?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
wow what a rescape. nice branches. some boraras brigittae will look great there. i have about 8 of them in my nano and they're great.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The anubias rhizomes are still above the substrate, I just gently tucked a root or two into the gravel to anchor it. I hope that's ok for it.

I'm kind of doing an experiment to see which carpet plant, if either, wins. So far it's slow going.

It is a 3 gallon Eclipse with a slight bow front and it does look like your nano gotcheaprice. Here's the dimensions: 13 inches wide at the widest part, 9.5 inches tall by 7 inches deep.

Ooh the boraras brigittae are pretty. If only my LFS carried a nice selection of nano fish. The minnows will go into my 55 if I find any cool tiny fish.

Thank you for the comments, it's my first nano The original boring set up is in my profile pics.

Eheim pimp #255

75 gallon semi-aggressive community tank with pressurized CO2, 8.6 gallon cherry shrimp tank
40 breeder reef

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Ah, mine is 11in wide, 5.5 deep, and 9 in tall... i hope i measured accurately.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The tank kind of tapers narrow to wide from the bottom to the top and from the back to the front, so I can see how you got those measurements I also got the 11 inches wide at the back of the tank and 9 inches tall if I didn't measure from the tray table up to the top. I got about 6 when I measured at the very bottom from front to back, so I bet we have the same tank.

What's weird is that Amazon has the measurements as 13"Wx7"Dx11"H" probably with the original hood on.

Ah well. I'm convinced we have 3 gallon Eclipses!

Eheim pimp #255

40 breeder reef

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Looks just like one of mine which is a 3g eclipse.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sweet I got it off of Craigslist so I wasn't completely sure.

Eheim pimp #255

40 breeder reef

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Erk

PTrader: (25/100%)
very nice looking tank! I like the driftwood...thanks for the link

Is that the red sea nano filter in your pics? How does the intake tube extend all the way down like that?? Mine doesnt seem to have those pieces....ive tried to "rig" a few things up...I may just get a new filter before too long

Thanks again!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thank you It is the Red Sea nano filter. It came with the extension thankfully. It was inside the filter itself when packaged.

Eheim pimp #255

40 breeder reef

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:59 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by if_fishes_were_wishes View Post
Here's my 3 gallon Eclipse. I removed the filter and top rim and added a Red Sea Nano filter and a 13 watt Red Sea Galaxy light. I'm not dosing anything...yet. I currently have 3 white clouds and an otto. Wish I could find sparkling or licorice gouramis around here, that's what I'd have instead, but oh well.
I had a sparkling gourami, It was a cute little fish but not very noticeable and quite shy. I didn't replace him when I lost him. I love the white clouds you added.

I have a 3 gallon eclipse which is really beautiful at work. I put round river rock, some interesting large red stones and a wall of bubbles in the back and it looks lovely and sparkly. It's my minimalist tank. Those tanks are absolutely useless for growing plants if you keep the canopy. You have to do like you did and add your own lighting.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)
You inspired me to buy my own light and a mini cnister for mine.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Aww thanks I'd like to see pics of your tank. Are you going with the ZooMed 501 filter?

Eheim pimp #255

40 breeder reef

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by if_fishes_were_wishes View Post
Aww thanks I'd like to see pics of your tank. Are you going with the ZooMed 501 filter?
I ordered one of those mini tom's filters, looks similar to the zoomed 501 I have on my other tank. Will be some time before I post any pictures lol I'm not very good at scaping, but I am ok at growing plants.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode