Mini L Lighting? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Mini L Lighting?

I am looking at getting a Mini L From Aquaforest, if I can figure out how to get thier web site to take my AMEX card! My question is how can I light this tank? I believe the volume is 8.88 gallons and I would like to have a high light situation. Does anyone know how I can get 30-40 watts above this tank??? I would consider the solar mini, but I don't feel like it will be enough light. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
30-40w is probably still gonna put you in the medium to med-low light still.

You could look into the coralife 96w 20" quad light, 70w metal halide viper light or something of the like.

I have the Mini-M and have the mini-solar along with a 13w light on the back and from how things grow I would give it low to med lighting.

FUNction over form

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
email aqua forest if you keep on getting problems. When I used to email them, they normally respond within 24 hours.

As for the lighting, I used to have 36W PC with decent parabolic reflectors on standard 10g (20"x10"x12") and I have to keep up with CO2 and fert dosing to avoid algae blooms. I would imagine a 36W kit from ahsupply would be good enough for the Mini L....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I think I am going to hang a 2x36 watt AH supply kit. Should turn out nicely. I think 96 watts is a little extreme for this size tank. Thanks for the replies. I'm picking up the mini m the mini co2 diffuser, the mini lilies and the 36 ah supply. Can't wait to get it all set up.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybugg13 View Post
I think I am going to hang a 36 watt AH supply kit. Should turn out nicely. I think 96 watts is a little extreme for this size tank. Thanks for the replies. I'm picking up the mini m the mini co2 diffuser, the mini lilies and the 36 ah supply. Can't wait to get it all set up.
that should be fun!

I myself will setup a mini s for the office, but we're moving to a different building at the end of the year, so it'll have to wait

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 02:34 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I did search for Aqua Forest and didn't find the vendor. Could someone tell me their web site?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruki View Post
I did search for Aqua Forest and didn't find the vendor. Could someone tell me their web site?
http://www.adana-usa.com/

--Daniel

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode