My 3gal. picotope - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Erk

PTrader: (25/100%)
My 3gal. picotope

Thanks to Chaz, I have this neat lil thing now, and after receiving some plants from a member on here yesterday, it has some plants in it now!

Im waiting on my driftwood and a different light to arrive, so the "scape" def isnt done yet

I like the HM in the front right corner, but im new to it, and dont really know how to plant it, so it forms a nice bush as Ive seen in other members pics on here

Suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Is that a type of blyxa? What kind of filter and lighting do you have? I have a 3 gallon too and like to see the specs of others' 3 gallons

Eheim pimp #255

75 gallon semi-aggressive community tank with pressurized CO2, 8.6 gallon cherry shrimp tank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
40 breeder reef

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Erk

Thanks

Yes it is blyxa...the filter is the red sea nano filter....my lighting is the standard lighting that comes with the picotope...its a 9 Watt 50/50 CF Lamp (Half 7100K Blue/Half 10K White) according to http://www.jbjnanocubes.com/index1.html

Im waiting on a new light fixture to arrive....thanks to Chaz also and I think that one is going to be a 13 Watt 50/50 CF (Half actinic/Half 7100K)

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sw...-cf-light.html

Thanks!

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Erk

New light fixture is here! Looks great!! Nano diffusers arrived as well!

I took the blyxa out and some of the HM...to give to my mother for her tank, so things are very bare ATM...I believe I will receive plants today and tomorrow...so stay tuned for more pics soon!

Thanks very much to Chaz for this great light!

That picotope is now about as many WPG as my big tank is, when I use both CF's hahaha....no fish or shrimps for a while in there

Thanks everyone!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Erk

Here is a crappy cell phone pic the woman sent me after planting the new plants

i will prolly move some things around, still trying to locate some nice driftwood for the anubias, so they are just in the substrate right now.

I will get some better pics tonight....im anxious for this workday to be over...dont these people understand I have fish tanks to tend to! hahaha

Thanks everyone
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
lookin real good, i like the petite nana!

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Erk

Thanks B

According to the woman, the petite looks nice and dark green, and im sure we can all see some nice new bright green growth, so that is great!

Sorry bout the quality of the photo...I will get some good ones tonight!

Subwassertang looks like its growing, the rotala(?) in front of the
Limnophila aromatica has a nice red tinge to the tops....and the red sword in the back actually looks red! it was always green in the big tank
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
So is the bulb on your new 13W fixture a 50/50 bulb? It looks more "yellow" (like a 6700K daylight bulb). Did you swap bulbs or are you still using a 50/50?

--Daniel

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Erk

I believe the bulb in the new fixture is a 7100K bulb. I didnt swap bulbs....the old clip on light had a 50/50 bulb in it
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Ah I see, in your 3rd post you mentioned that you thought it was a 50/50 13W bulb, which is why I was confused. It looks a lot better w/a daylight bulb.

--Daniel

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Erk

Good call Yoshi, yes your right, I did mention a 50/50 bulb....for some reason! haha...must have thought that after researching the bulb a bit, before it arrived.

Quote:
It looks a lot better w/a daylight bulb.
Thanks very much! I like it much better this way as well
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Erk

Updated pics

SŁŖwassertang was a freebie in my plant order thanks to Minsc

Petite Nana...thanks to erijnal & my Echinodorus 'Rose' has a new leaf I shaded that one badly in my big tank

Limnophila aromatica....also thanks to erijnal

Sorry bout the glass

Thanks everyone...many more plants to come for both tanks tomorrow
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Erk

Stuck a few more plants in here last night too!

Kinda hid the E Rose a lil bit, but I think I have some decent light on this tank, and like I said co2 runs 24/7.....i will keep my eye on it

Tonina Belem from the top! Stuck two small stems of sunset hygro in the back...I think the blyxa needs a new home somewhere :?: :lol:

Thanks!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Erk

The Limnophila aromatica doesnt seem to be doing so well

Its not purple anymore, and it looks a bit transparent...I will get some new pics of it soon.....Im at work right now

I think it may have been in the shade a lil bit, but Im pretty sure its not shaded now...hopefully it comes back!

If not, anyone with it, keep me on your list for more! hahaha

Thanks everyone!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
Cute
Hey, uh, is your Anubias "planted"? I can't really tell from the pictures but the rhizome has to be above the substrate or it'll rot.

-Cassie S.
No fish or invert tanks right now... just 1 H. azureiventris...
But I'm working on that!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode