Need opinions on truaqua - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Need opinions on truaqua

I am not really liking my aqueon evolve 8 anymore (Lack of space) and am looking to size up a little bit. At my college there is a gallon limit of ten gallons. Because of this limitation, I came across the truaqua 8.7 gallon bow front. I just want to know what people think of the truaqua tank in general. Are there any cons to it over the do!aqua or mr. aqua tanks? They look pretty good to me but I do not know many people that are using them.
Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FN4W42U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2NAGYWCDJJU0A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
I have heard good things about these tanks. It is cheaper on their website plus free shipping. I'm sure others will chime in.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (40/100%)
I have the 3.5g. Had it over a year now and very happy with it.
+1 on ordering g direct from there site.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
I got the 14.3g version a couple weeks back, here is the journal for it so far:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...249&highlight=
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/93%)
I actually just had a bad experience with true aqua. I ordered something and never received shipping verification like I normally do. So a week went by and I finally called them, they found my box it was just laying in the shipping room never got shipped so I asked them to ship it UPS red (next day UPS air)since it was not a week late, they would not do it so I asked for my order to be cancelled and returned to my credit card. I have yet to receive confirmation of this. I spoke with a customer service agent, Sue, she was extremely rude and unhelpful. I work as an inside sales representative/customer service and therefore knew exactly what was going on and what had happened, I am very disappointed.

-Jacklyn
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)
Personally I have has very good experiences. My first order probably 9 months ago was the 5.5 gallon rimless and it was shipped promptly and well packaged. The tank itself was beautiful, lovely silicone work and glass quality was top notch. I'm in love with it. I just received the 4 gallon version last week. There was a ton more packing material than my original tank, I suppose that is the extra 5$ fee they change now on shipping at work. I had to box cutter through about five inches of bubble wrap and packaging tape. This tank is still a great buy for the price but the quality of the silicone is a bit worse, not anything an exacto knife might fix likely. Compared to an aqueons quality and price though you really can't lose going with a topfin tank.

End wall of text now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Well I purchased one on amazon (Same price as on the truaqua website) as well as a toms rapid mini canister filter that was on sale for $22 shipped. Also got some fluorite black to put in it. Will hopefully be getting co2 so I can transfer things over and get a thread going. Still contemplating changing out my 9w led light that I got from aqua traders though...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode