Building a 60p... need some info - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Building a 60p... need some info

Hi there from a new member (I've been lurking around here for a while, now I have questions)

I am looking to build an ADA 60p in the next few weeks, and I still have some questions. The tank will probably be an Iwagumi style:

- I currently have a Eheim 2217 on my planted 35G (this tank is leaving, I'd like to keep the filter). Is this filter too big and will give a too strong current? I will use the lily pipes.

- I was thinking of using a mix of ADA Aquasoil Powder (on top) + Regular ADA Aquasoil (under), will that be fine for the HC to grow?

- Would there be a reason NOT to use an eBay LED light to grow the HC? I found some pretty interresting lights for cheap. Example:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Led-p...458992403.html

-What kind of fertilizers should I buy to start the tank and help the HC grow? There are so many -_-

I currently have 2 planted tanks, which will probably be replaced by the 60p.
35G:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Down_Shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo.jacques View Post
Hi there from a new member (I've been lurking around here for a while, now I have questions)

I am looking to build an ADA 60p in the next few weeks, and I still have some questions. The tank will probably be an Iwagumi style:

- I currently have a Eheim 2217 on my planted 35G (this tank is leaving, I'd like to keep the filter). Is this filter too big and will give a too strong current? I will use the lily pipes.

- I was thinking of using a mix of ADA Aquasoil Powder (on top) + Regular ADA Aquasoil (under), will that be fine for the HC to grow?

- Would there be a reason NOT to use an eBay LED light to grow the HC? I found some pretty interresting lights for cheap. Example:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Led-p...458992403.html

-What kind of fertilizers should I buy to start the tank and help the HC grow? There are so many -_-

I currently have 2 planted tanks, which will probably be replaced by the 60p.
35G:

why do you prefer that LED fixture instead of a proven LED fixture that works? it seems that one is priced pretty close to a regularly preferred fixture.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I just really don't want to spend big bucks on a light.... What brand do you recommend then?

**I just saw the prices of the Finnex.... Not bad! Which one would be better?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode