How long has it been setup? I'd like to get more detail on your initial startup! Very nice!
since August 20th with the hair grass.. I tried baby tears first, and that didn't go extremely well so pulled them out. I guess i left a few behind..because now i have a them starting to spread low on the substrate(left side of the tank).
- Flourite red-mixed with some sand
- 13W CFL Bulb in a normal desk lamp
- Fluval Nano Aquarium Filter
-Use flourish excel and flourish liquid fertilizers (but I honestly keep forgetting to use them)
I do very basic maintenance ie. water changes, pruning, cleaning the glass...I do not clean the substrate I just let the vegetation and waste decompose for the plants etc. I generally try and leave the tank to do it's own thing and naturalize. The aquatic life is responding really well, natural behaviours, mating and vibrant colours etc.
The aquarium is stocked with...
6x boraras brigittae
4x Golden bee shrimp
2x cherry shrimp
2x oto cats
1x rams horn snail
1x orphan harlequin Rasbora
- will be introducing him into a new school when I can. he was just the last survivor in my old 10 gallon.
And a ton of pond snails...Mistake made by me.. but the population goes up and down naturally, and I don't mind them too much.
- very easy and nice looking plant.
Dwarf hair grass
- I think i'm just getting lucky on this one lol... Starting to spread well now
Dwarf baby tears
- I must have left some roots or something behind in the substrate because they just started showing up and are slowly spreading out low to the substrate.(nice little surprise)
I think that covers most of it. It's slow going, but it's interesting to watch develop.. offers me a small break when i'm working.