nano ei dosing - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
nano ei dosing

well im pretty sure i know the amount i need for a roughly 2.5g tank but how am i supposed to get it accurately?

in my 29g i dose:1/4 tsp of KNO3 and 1/16 tsp of KH2PO4, 3 times a week.
dose on the alternate days, 10 ml tmg, 3 times a week.
and change about 50% of the water in the tank once a week.

so i figure i need roughly 1/10th-1/12th the amount above!!!

how can this be done accurately?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Dissolve a solution in water, then take the correct milliliters out. You can do the math yourself :-D.

Like if you put a teaspoon of the stuff every liter, you have 1/1000th of a teaspoon in every milliliter. get it? :-D.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pl...ing-101-a.html

Sol
90gal non-planted - gone - It sprung a leak and shattered

- 6 neons, lots of RCS, a few CRS, 3 Ottos, oogles of snails

- 100+ CRS, Red Ramshorn Snails

Questions about dosing nano tanks? Please

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

thanks! shouldnt be too hard to figure this out.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)
Just a question for those who do this already: how long before the mixtures go bad?

I mean, sometimes, after a while, I see gunky stuff in my mixtures, which I can only assume are precipitates. I also assume that's not good, so I throw it out and make a new one.

I used to make strong mixtures, so that I only have to squirt 1 mL per day, but it makes the mixture last too long, and I end up having to throw some of it away. I think I'll have to make more dilute mixtures, and squirt like 5 mL-10mL a day.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
Hey Haeun,

My first batch lasted me about 9 months and I never experienced any precipitates. The second batch was double the ferts (3ml doses as opposed to 10) and I did see precipitates after about 4 months.

Despite previously thinking it wasn't necessary (and I'm still not convinced that it is) I've started keeping my ferts in the fridge. I perhaps the combination of no light and cold will help a bit. Also, I've decided to dose in larger volumes. I'm currently using a 5ml dose. I don't know about you but I frequently think about dosing my tank when I have other stuff to do and am therefore in a bit of a hurry. Being 1/4 off a milliliter off with a 5ml dose would have a lot less effect that being 1/4 off with a 1ml dose.

Sol

Sol
90gal non-planted - gone - It sprung a leak and shattered

- 6 neons, lots of RCS, a few CRS, 3 Ottos, oogles of snails

- 100+ CRS, Red Ramshorn Snails

Questions about dosing nano tanks? Please
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

bringing it back! just need some help with my math , a little insurance.

i want to make a solution where 1ml = 1/64 tsp of KH2PO4 to dose my ada mini-m.

i have everybody at work helping me out and i think we came to an agreement.

i need to add 3.125tsp/liter or ~.3 tsp per 100 ml. to accomplish this.

sound right?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
I feel like I have to call the cops ... I have this mental picture of you with a 1/4 teaspoon of this white powder in a pile on a mirror on your desk and you sitting there with a razor blade saying "But Officer, it's for my FISH!"

Just kidding, but I couldn't help myself, I had to paint the picture. Good luck with getting the dosing right.

Keep Smilin'
John

"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
.................................John Wayne
disclaimer: When I took "The Dukes" quote as my signature, I was thinking of me, not you.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInFlorida View Post
I feel like I have to call the cops ... I have this mental picture of you with a 1/4 teaspoon of this white powder in a pile on a mirror on your desk and you sitting there with a razor blade saying "But Officer, it's for my FISH!"

Just kidding, but I couldn't help myself, I had to paint the picture. Good luck with getting the dosing right.

Keep Smilin'
John
you aint kiddin, its funny to see peoples face when i whip out the bags to get my dose on!

any conformation to my math skillz anyone?????

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode