Spec V Cardina Shrimp Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Spec V Cardina Shrimp Tank

Had this running a few days. Bought it from my coworker who had it set up with a betta, for the most part biological filtration still in tact. Used some filter media, water, and substrate from my 20 long and added some substrate just in case.

Not exactly sure what I wanna do with this tank. So far my plan is to attempt to find some bkk/panda/high grade CRS. I impulsively purchased one CRS and one CBS. Seems like the flow might be a little too high for them in the tank, but these pumps are adjustable :]. Going to put either glosso or hc on the entire right side, stauyrogene repens between the two stones, and some type of stem plant or moss on the far left next to the filter compartment. I might need a new light for this; the one aspect the Spec ( both II and V) seem to be severely lackin in is light, if you're planning on making them planted. I've been looking at the fugeray planted+; saw quite a few people using them on the spec thread.

FTS:

CBS, relatively high grade for a pet shop find:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Any guidance as to where to order shrimp from? I've been looking at shrimp fever and breedinusa.com, seem to have the cheapest CRS. Alpha pro breeders seem to have the most legitimate looking stock, but those prices....

On a side note; added some more substrate to level out the rocks, make them seem more built into the scape. It added a little more depth as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Neoman; 12-17-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Avoiding double post
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 02:54 AM
Algae Grower

Your tank is looking good. I just bought some RCS from a forum member for my new nano, pretty excited. Don't have any input on where to buy shrimp online, but I'll be watching this thread for ideas.

29 Gallon
Aqueon Evolve 4

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Added some Java moss, Ambulia, and HM to the tank yesterday. Some pennywort a few days before. All just kind of thrown in there at the moment, but man. Since I added that Java moss I'm seeing a lot more activity out of these guys. I want more.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiggs View Post
Your tank is looking good. I just bought some RCS from a forum member for my new nano, pretty excited. Don't have any input on where to buy shrimp online, but I'll be watching this thread for ideas.
What kind of shrimp are you looking for?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Algae Grower

I was looking for some Red Cherry Shrimp and I actually found a member selling some and they should arrive today!

29 Gallon
Aqueon Evolve 4

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Couple Shots to keep ya'll interested; picked up a new light fixture as weel, and some new shrimp but they seldom come out. If I can snap a picture of one yellow/red one I picked up, I need some help IDing it.

Overexposed FTS

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Once that driftwood sinks, Im going to turn it around and place i where most of the plants are… not sure If I want to keep this plant mix going or try something new out. Thinking maybe some hydrocoytle, stauyrogene repens, and hc or UG for the foreground… I'll definitely need some type of co2 though

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode