First Try at a Nano with pics (56k warning!) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Talking First Try at a Nano with pics (56k warning!)

Well I have decided that I would try my hand at an aqua vase nano for the office. It has been up and running for about 2 weeks and everything is going fairly well. I put on some DIY Co2, a DIY canister using an aqualifter as the pump, and DIY micro acrylic lily pipes. Here are my first pics. Tell me what you think. I am going to add some Java moss this next week to give the cherry a home, the anubias nano is doing great, and I can't wait for the riccia to come in!

Full view of the vase

Top view

You can see my acrylic pick up in the back of this shot. I am quite proud of those guys. They give just enough flow to keep everything happy

Here is the pump system. I fond the reserve at a hobby shop. It is used for model airplanes and they promise it won't leak. It hasn't yet and doesn't look like it will.

I think these are my first pearls on the anubias. The cherry was crawling all along the leaf and they were staying put.

Shot of my riccia waiting to come of through the SS mesh. I think and hope that is the first pearl from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
don't anubias leaves pearl under their leaves? O well. Great looking tank you got there. Can't wait until everything starts growing nicely! Your lights are a 7 watt CF I suppose? Never had anything pearl with 7 watts but only at the surface.

Right now I kind of feel sorry for the shrimp because it's only plant is an anubias. But once the riccia kicks in, I bet she'll love the tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement there sandie. I felt kinda bad too so I took some Hornswart out of another tank and placed it in there with her. As for the pearling, the anubias was going gang busters on the bottom too, but I couldn't get that shot. Still learning how to do all this. Since I've added the Cherry I've toned down the Co2 to raise the pH a bit and stabilize the whole thing. I'll post pics tomorrow, I don't want you all to think I'm abusing my Cherry lol.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
looks good! cant wait to see it get all filled in... and that one cherry suuure does look lonely......

- fish newb -
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Update 8/28

I too felt bad for the little Cherry, but I wanted to make sure she would survive, I got some more comming for another tank and will get her some friends. In the mean time I added that hornwart for a home, here's an updated picture

She seams to be alot happier now.

Here is also a picture of the non-lily pipes via Curarel
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...lly-pipes.html
(thanks for the idea) The size is decevingly small. They fit into a airline lol.
Mini versions of Wasserpest
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...no-lilies.html

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
looking good!

- fish newb -

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode