Bumblebee Goby + Shrimp = fat Goby - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By erijnal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (29/100%)
Bumblebee Goby + Shrimp = fat Goby

I had a feeling the little guys would not be shrimp safe. I have two tanks, one for the little Bumblebee Gobies and another one for Shrimp. When I first started the Goby tank I managed to fish out most of the cherry shrimp but not all of them. It has been interesting to watch the Gobies over the last month or so. The tank they are in is the 6.6 bookshelf tank and they have each laid claim to one side, but often hang out in the middle together.

I have often watched them follow the shrimp around the tank but never get to close. The shrimp are just a bit smaller then the Gobies. Well to my surprise I glance over today and see one of the little guys swimming around with a huge shrimp in his mouth Dear lord I had no idea he could even get his mouth around the shrimp! I must say it was amusing to watch, he had no idea what to do with it from there. He carried it around for about 5 minutes! The poor little shrimp finally made his way to shrimp heaven about 1 minute into the whole ordeal and the little Goby finally let go a few minutes later with a bit of persuasion .

So I must tell future Bumblebee Goby owners that they are not shrimp safe! I switched the Gobies over to Live Baby Brine Shrimp about 3 weeks ago and now I realized that the last 4 shrimp in the tank has dwindled to 1. I am thinking I must have taught them new hunting skills with the live BBS. I still can't catch that last one shrimp, bad news for that lone survivor!

I thought I'd pass the news along
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
lol great thread title. Glad to see you're taking this in stride
huhu89151734 and huhu89151734 like this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 01:58 AM

PTrader: (1/100%)
Once the fish realized that shrimp are food, it was all over.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode