It could be the way you acclimated them. The shrimp ONLY got acclimated to the temp of your water, not the water, with your method.
The proper way to acclimate fish/shrimp is:
1. Turn off the lights in the tank, which will help relieve stress to the new fish/shrimp.
2. Float the bag in the tank
3. After every 10-15 minutes, add some water from your tank into the bag.
4. When the bag gets too filled, dump some of the water. DO NOT DUMP IT INTO THE TANK.
5. Repeat step 2.
6. Net the fish/shrimp and release it into the tank.
Another method would be to...
1. Put the fish/shrimp into a small tank/bucket using the same water that was in the bag.
2. Place an airstone connected to an air pump in the tank/bucket.
3. Drip acclimate the fish/shrimp.
4. When the tank/bucket gets filled, remove some of the water and continue with the drip acclimation.
5. Place the fish/shrimp in a bag with the same water from the tank/bucket.
6. Float the bag in the tank to get the fish acclimated to the tank temp.
7. Net the fish/shrimp and release it into the tank.
Keeping the lights off will prevent any new fish from being harassed by the current fish in the tank.
Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08-15-2006 at 08:19 AM.