I read a lot of thread and articles in various forums about 2 months ago and decided to start a small tank. Since there's a flea market in my city every wednesday and saturday night, I have access to many cheap plants and fish, but I really don't know all of their scientific names, so comments and helps would be appreciated. Here's some pictures of my tank, sorry about the crappy pics quality, I used a phone camera..
Here's my spec :
- 10 gallon Nisso tempered glass tank
- 2 DIY soda bottles for CO2, about 2 bubbles/sec
- Wood air stone, to make really small bubbles (no reactor)
- Hang on back waterfall type filter
- About 20 watts fluorescent light
- Liquid fertilizers 5 ml weekly
- For base substrate I only use red clay from building bricks
- White sand from local beach
- Drift wood and small stones for decoration
- Plants : Hemianthus, Java Moss, don't really know the rest
- Fish : 14 Neon Tetra, 1 Siamese Algae Eater, 5 Rasbora harlequin, 2 common rainbow, 1 Bosemani rainbow, and 5 Red Cherry shrimps
Total cost is below US$50..
Recently my Hemianthus at the front is dying and turning brown right now, I suspect it's because lack of lighting, since the Hemianthus in the other tank survived.
I have another 2 gallon tank, it's only about 1 week old, here's the pic :
Again, comments, sugestions, advices, and critics are welcome..