6x6x6 cube finally - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
6x6x6 cube finally

finally i found a tank much like the tank turtle head used in his one gal nano i have just put in an order with aquatic store for glosso grade b, hairgrass, baby tears, ricca, and dwarf lillies and some bumble bees ( shrimp )

here is what i have started off with i used the cardboard seperation for sand/ flourite

then after a bit of drift wood modifacation

and finally a plan sorry its a bit messy
[/URL]
The lime green is glosso
the black is hairgrass
the teal/ light blue is anibus nana
the dark green is baby tears
the pink is ricca
and finally the orange is dwarf lilies

as for the dwarf lilies im planing to do major root trimming and keep it trimmed to 2-5 leaves hopefully over time it will condense ... if not ill replace it

there will be no filtration and no heater as of rite now i believe the weather is hot enough and the 35 watt halogen should provide a bit of heat if nessicary i will add a heater for nitetime

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
happy fishing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 gallon Tanganyika Community Planted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Algae Grower

Looks nice! I have a 2 gal of similar set up. My shrimp jump out and walk across the floor and die. Not sure how to keep them from jumping to their death.
I strated mine with out a filter but it became sour pretty fast. A little nano filter would be great....

Good work!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

yes nano filter are ok although someting this small cant afford the space...If you start off with alot of plants and possible cycled water ( conventily from your 75 gal ) well at least thats what im doing anyways back to the filter i find that there is an algae /parameter spike after about 1.5-2 weeks then its ok thats whats happened to me in the past as for jumping shrimp if you had amano shrimp (sp?) they tend to like some fresh air however is water quality is superbe they tend to jump less ive never had problems with shrimp in a nano

happy fishing

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

right now aquatic store isint shipping over borders so now my order is refunded luckily after along and a bit of my extended french i have placed an order at aquatropique ( a plant site in quebec ) the new plan is
1 x Hydrocotyle leucocephala
- Type: Pot $4,50
1 x Micranthemum micranthemoides
- Type: Pot $4,25
1 x Ricca fluitans ~ bag $10,00
1 x Glossostigma elatinoides ~ pad
- type: pad $13,00
1 x Chladophora aegagropila (boule russe) $5,00
1 x Anubias nana petite $6,00
1 x Eleocharis parvulus
- Type: Pot $4,25
1 x Didiplis diandra
- Type: Bunch $3,50
1 x Dicom express (plantes) $12,00
ohh and 5 bee shrimp from another site
so now im looking at something like this again messy

lime green=glosso
dark green= anibus nana petite
black= hairgrass
light blue= baby tears
dark blue= claudiflora
pink = didiplis diandra
orange= hydrocotyle

im hoping to have some real pics up by the end of the week

happy fishing

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Algae Grower

thats a lot of plants you're adding in it. it will definitely not be low maintenance, but where did you get that nano at ? keep us updated !

- 40G Planted Tank
- Coralife: Turbo Twist 9W UV
- Coralife: 2 6700K - 192W
- Eheim 2215
- Hagen Fluval 404
- Pressurized CO2
- Hydor Inline Heater
- Aqua Medic Reactor 1000
- 100% Eco-Complete
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
It's a distinct possibility that I'm totally wrong, but that might be just too many plants for 6" cubed.

It's not that you won't be able to fit them all, necessarily; but, you should consider how much light some of these need and the possibility that they'll get crowded out by all the other foliage goin' on in there. Also, you've got a lot of mossy/grassy plants that may or may not overpower each other when planted so close together.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this, either way?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Its true alot of plants im going to work with what i get mabey not use everything ... we'll see also i have a 35 watt halogen for it so thats a bit of a punch for a tank less than a gallon..... This place that i ordered from is currrently closed so i sucked it up and spent 70 + american dollars on shipping and phyto sanitary charges for plants that only cost like 55 dollars ( despite the forums introduction) nano tanks with rarer ( is that a word ?) expensive plants isint that cheap and neither are nanos... Any ways i have mostly the same plants

HC ( big score!)
mamarmo balls
Pellia
anibus nana
Star grass ( not sure if ill keep it )
pearl grass
dwarf hairgrass ( parvra speices Sp? )
hydrocotle ( sp)
Ricca
im not sure there might be otheres

ohh and 7 bee shrimp with no live arrival ( HOPEING 5 will survive the ship !)

yes there are alot of plants but im only going to be using small amounts, Lots of lights + tropica master grow.. theses plants/ shrimp should be in next week comments?

Ohh and i have been looking for this nano ever since i saw turtleheads tank ( just like the one i have ) i finally found one at a home decorating store ( not sure of the name) for 13 dollars

happy fishing

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TINNGG Send a message via Yahoo to TINNGG
Would you kill me if I told you I found a tank that looks just like that at a local Dollar General Market for $2 US? I bought 4 of them for betta tanks.

My mind is aglow with trancient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention - Hedley Lamar
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sweet deal! good luck with them they make great nanos if used properly! I cant wait to see how yous turn out ( are you planting them ? ) I dont mind the price i thought it was a great deal on turtleheads tank thread people said they paid like 18 -22 dollars if i remember corectly, There hard enough to find and even harder at a good price. A place some where else wanted like 48 dollars for one, i was like id rather have a 40 gallon breeder thanks

happy fishing

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 AM

Thats the same "tank" ive got!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Its a sweet tank i love it is yours planted? i would love to see a pic!

happy fishing

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

lol i just saw it, it looks great i really like the protruding from the surface moss log and the one thats not

happy fishing

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 03:59 PM

lol thank you very much, for some reason, the pictures come out really small
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

What host are you using to upload your pictures? If image shack ( im positive about this one ) or photo bucket ( not positve ) try to use emmbedable code ( sometimes called hotlink ) and this will put up your pics at the size you made them keep up the work on the tank it looks really good

happy fishing

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The plants should be here by friday.... all i have to do is wait ive got my fingers crossed hoping all will make the ship and as for the shrimp hopefully they will be here by next wednesday i should have pics up on the weekend if all goes well im hoping to use this tank to breed my bee shrimp then im going to selectivly breed and hopefully increase my grade slowly . id love to hear some comments questions and critiques..... anyone?

happy fishing

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode