Newly set up 2.5g.. NEW PIC 6-17 (56K!!) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Newly set up 2.5g.. NEW PIC 6-17 (56K!!)

This is my 2.5g that I just set up today. I had about 2 inches of water in this tank with the gravel and HC for about a month and a half.

Specs:

Tank: 2.5g glass
Light: 24w 6500k compact florecent
Ferts: EI method with excel
Substrate: River pebbles

Flora:

HC
Fissidens
Beat up Downoi
Scraggly spiky moss

Fauna:

2 cherry shrimp
1 3mm red ramshorn
soon to be endlers

PICS:

This is the whole tank. Its very new and nothing is grown out. I have a feeling the lava rock is WAY to big and looks poor by itself. I think I am going to swap out the rock with another rock that I have here. What do you think?

This is a cool pic of the HC pearling with a baby cherry shrimp eating something.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

Last edited by Ryzilla; 06-17-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Are you going filterless on this one Spud? The tank is looking sweet. Can't wait till the HC grows in. And with that new light fixture you should be Ok.

::GOT FERTS?::

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplove
Are you going filterless on this one Spud? The tank is looking sweet. Can't wait till the HC grows in. And with that new light fixture you should be Ok.

::GOT FERTS?::

yep filterless it is. I will be dosing micros and macros every day, micros on one day and macros another.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 02:12 PM

Did you do the math on how much you'll be dosing?

Oh...

And let me know when you have to do a trim on the HC and the Fissiden. I might be interested in buying some.

Muahahaha
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplove
Did you do the math on how much you'll be dosing?

Oh...

And let me know when you have to do a trim on the HC and the Fissiden. I might be interested in buying some.

Muahahaha
I eyeball it

When I have some for sale ill let you know. wont be for awhile though.

Peace,
Ry

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I took out the old lava and added these 3 rocks I had in my shrimp tank

Peace,
Ry

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Amazing transformation with the new rocks. Makes the tank look much bigger than 2.5 gallons, and should look awsome when the fissiden starts to creep down them.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

what I would love to get is some fine twig brush to put behind the rocks.

Peace,
Ry

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 02:37 AM

*cough*HM*cough*

Looking good Spud. The new rocks are making the whole scape look good. It sure makes that little tank look big. I'm totally diggin it. Gotta love those 2.5G tanks.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode