Nano Dreamin' - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (7/100%)
Nano Dreamin'

This aquasketch is a plan for a small desk tank I'm planning to do in May/June when I go back home to Hawai'i. I have an acrylic 8" x 6" x 6" I'll be using. This aquasketch is in preparation for that. I'll use lava rock, and try to grow cladiphora and keep a number of opae ula.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)
Hmm... can't see the picture for some reason...

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

If I could harness the power of the sun, I'd focus it on my plants and watch them grow.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

That's odd-- I can't know why you couldn't see it. If you want to, just click on the "deviant sketches" link in my sig; you should be able to find it.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 02:48 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey, I wanted to let you know I think your artwork is quite wonderful! I am a graphic designer/artist here in Champaign; I'm quite impressed with your work! What did you do to create such an interesting texture? It's almost impressionist looking. Plus, I love your use of contrast and negative space in your design layoutó itís eye-catching and creates a pleasant flow, I can't wait to see the final product, it will look awesome!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Pretty simple on this one-- I have a wacom tablet and photoshop 2.0. It's kinda lame, but I finish off all of these by running it once (or 6 times XD) through the water color filter. What I'd give for canvas, paint, and a lack of homework. :P

You're praise means a low Rowangel-- it's good to hear from a fellow graphic artist (though I'm an amatuer and it sounds like you're a pro). Are you on deviantart?

BTW-- I think the real tank will go smoothly-- that is if I can find some cladophora or other bushy algae that will be willing to grow for me in brackish water. Marimo balls are a cladophora so that gives me hope, but I don't think the actual marimos could be used like this. I'll just have to figure it out when I get home.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 10:25 AM

Inspirational. I truely love this one. Id hope you wouldnt detest strongly against this being the base of inspiration for my 20 gallon rescaping. The layout has truely captured my imagination and i hope you dont mind me using it!

Il post pictures on how it turns out. Il probably do it next month so you can see before you design it personally.

Great art!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Good luck

Glad I could inspire you
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM

No, not on deviantart, but might look into it. Love photoshop, canít do my job without it, nice use of the water color filter! Never really used the wacom tablet, but I hear it makes using the spray brush and several other tools easier. Maybe I should look into getting one.

Plan on going into art or design? Looks like you might have the edge to do it, you defiantly have a knack for layout composure and creating visual interest. In my opinion that is one of the hardest parts to art/design.

Pro? Heh, Iíd like to thing so. Been doing design for about 8 years now, but Iíd still be considered Ďyoungí in the industry, just moving into web design now. I wish I had more time to do my drawing, but I find after a day of Graphic Design work Iím creatively scraping the bottom of the barrel. *sigh* probably why Iím excited about my nano- a different type of creative work- but Iím very inexperienced with it. Hope to learn more as I go!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Rowangel. Don't know if I'll also end up going into graphic design-- but I'd like to do something creative as an occupation. If possible, I'd like to be a pro aquascaper (whatever that means) one day.

Good luck-- maybe aquascaping can give you a bit of a creative re-energizer boost.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 06:33 PM

That picture is now officially my computer wallpaper background so i can fix it in my head

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode