New Photos of my 1 gal Nano - white clouds - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
New Photos of my 1 gal Nano - white clouds

Hi all

The person I bought my new rocks from FINALY decided to ship them to me. I think he re-defined 'snail mail' on this one

And his measurements were SERIOUSLY off. I think he must have measured all the way around the rocks at the widest point (circumfrance) when he described them. The biggest is palm sized and he described it as being "11 inches"
Umm.... LOL : he wishes LOL

Anyway, the rocks were MUCH smaller than expected but still very pretty! They arnt big enough for my 60 gal (drat) so I splitting them between two of my nanos.

Like this one?

I'm about to replace the elodia with tall DHG from my other nano. Im also working on growing out my ricca which will be in the foreground. There is also a nice bunch of Nana and a few clippings from my other tank. Just pretty much a randomly put togeather nano that I think kinda works (I hope!)

It also has duckweed at the top (harvested once weekly). I have a little school of white clouds (soon to be split into two schools when my fry 'graduate' to the adult tank). I have a wee bit o'snail problem at the moment... but well... you know how that goes! 1 snail sneaks in.... 3 months later you have 1000 of the buggers.

Anyway... here ya go!

*** image wont upload right! Keeps coming up blurry...will try to fix later ***

This ta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Deactivated

Are you sure that's one gallon? Those tiny White Clouds make this tank look like at least a 10-gallon.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d
Are you sure that's one gallon? Those tiny White Clouds make this tank look like at least a 10-gallon.

LOL!

DEFINATLY sure. I use a 1 gal milk jug with tubeing comeing out of the bottom of it to aid with my water changes so that I dont desturb the plants too much Its a 1 gal hex.

The fish are also fry curtosy of an adult pair that I had. My fish have been breeding constantly for the past year. I have 8 species of fry right now. These guys are about 1/4 -1/2 an inch long now. Wont be terribly long before they will need more room.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:39 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Must be alot of love in the air round your place. Wish i could get my minnows in my 2 gallon to breed.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks very nice, GSoL! I'd love to see some closer shots, but except for some esthetic quibbling about my preference for a more natural looking rock/gravel combination, I love it! Clear water, happy looking school of fish, and healthy looking plants. Bravo!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livebearer101
Must be alot of love in the air round your place. Wish i could get my minnows in my 2 gallon to breed.
they didnt breed in this tank. They were actualy in a 29 gal at the time. The 29 sprung a leak. The was the only tank avalile for these guys. Thier parents went to a bigger tank. And so too will these guys tonight. They are ready to swim with the big boys

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode