First Time Nano-er - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
First Time Nano-er

Hi everyone. I decided to start putting together my first try at a nano tank. It is very small, holds around a litre. So far I have done the hardscaping, and I thought I'd ask for some suggestions on plants. I was thinking dwarf hairgrass but I'm not sure what else. I am using peat moss and gravel for substrate, and 20w of light.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 06:15 AM

how about java moss up the branch and on the rock?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Ken

PTrader: (1/100%)
Moss is a great idea. If you can find a smaller crypt, I have Crypt Petchii in 2 of my 32 oz tanks, it would add a leafy plant (which is a challenge in such a small tank). I also have stem plant trimmings in my nanos (Rotala Indica, Rotala Macaranda, Reineckii, Sunset Hygro). I've never tried dwarf hairgrass, at least not yet.

What kind of fauna do you plan to add? For something so small, most people usually go with shrimp, but I really like my Bettas in my nanos.

Do you know the color temp of your light? 20W should be plenty to grow anything if the K is decent.

The set up looks great! I've got to get me a piece of driftwood like that.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. If I put fauna in, it will have to be shrimp. It's too small for a betta. Its hard to get scale in that picture, but the front panel of glass is 20cm long. I will add the java moss tomorrow and see how it looks. I have a betta in a 2.5 gallon with curved glass corners that I will be pulling down tommorrow and have a ton of ambulia and rotala cuttings from tonights tank maintainance to add to it. And will probably hook up CO2 to it. So I will be sure to let you know how that goes too. I have been bitten by the nano bug.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Ok, I put some java moss in last night, though I might change it if it doesnt start growing nicely. And 2 cutting of ludwiga As well. I'm thinking I might put a small crypt as well. Bit I have been busy getting ready for my hatching angel fry.

Here it is today:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode