Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
I ran mine without a heater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 458 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 01:50 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Since this is a long damned thread and I'm lazy, anyone with a 38 or 50 gal DBP? I'm eyeballing these. I had been looking at the 38, since the hubby was not keen on me going with a 45g in the nano tank setup I'd originally been considering (mostly due to the added $$ of an all-in-one), but the 50g would still be cheaper than the 30g AIO and WAY cheaper than the 45 AIO...and he doesn't like the look of tanks that are only 12 front-to-back, as the 38 DBP is. I agree, so it looks like we'd be leaning towards the 50.
post #453 of 458 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 04:26 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Update since my post in Sep.
flooded the tank & added sprigs of Monte Carlo to the HC groundcover
added a bonsai driftwood piece that has B micrantha plantlets super glued to the canopy
added a small colony of wild Neocardina davidii to keep algae under control
OTS mattenfilter now powered by Ehiem compact 300 pump & plumbed w/Cal Aqua Labs glass lily pipes
light source is provided by Finnex 18" Fugeray
tank journal title changed from "Collage" to "iNewton"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eheim Pimp #540
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Finnex Member #11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADA Gentleman #6

post #454 of 458 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 AM
Buu
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anyone know an online shop that ships these tank to Canada?
post #455 of 458 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

@BeastMaster, is that just a small tank you've converted into a sump? How do you have the intake(s) working? Just a siphon?
post #456 of 458 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsho View Post
@BeastMaster, is that just a small tank you've converted into a sump? How do you have the intake(s) working? Just a siphon?

Tihsho, checkout "custom OTS filter for nano tank" for details & development. It's a sump I built from glass dividers that came w/ the tank (5 compartment betta tank) & yes, intakes are siphons. Needed 2 to match outflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #457 of 458 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)
BeastMaster, what a fantastic looking tank you have!! Keep up the good work.

Say, being from Hawaii, do you keep any Opaes?

*Retired for now*
|
|
|
|
|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|
|
|
|
|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder --
post #458 of 458 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (486/100%)
If anyone sees these for sale online or in a brick & mortar location in the US, please yell my way!

I'm on the hunt for another.

Edit: Seapora is the new manufacturer of the tank, now that DBP has mostly exited the market. If anyone has any leads, let me know.

And just to be clear - this is not a want to buy post, as I'm searching for retail outlets in the US that carry the tanks.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 07-08-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: edit

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode