My nano sized set ups.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
My nano sized set ups..

This is my 8 gallon Finnex I started out with.
More plants and fauna added. Moving up to DYI co2by this weekend.

3 gallon Metra frame tank. I have my endlers fry in this tank as well as a swollen looking cherry shrimp.

Do I look fat?
Opionions welcome on this shot especially. (State of shrimp not my poor photography skills)

Aqua vase. 5"x5"x5" maybe half a gallon. 2 endlers fry and 1 snowball shrimp in here. 7 watt pc bulb and small hang on filter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)
Wow, that's a lot of nanos. Even more impressive is that they all look great. They're not all bunched next to each other are they?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

If I could harness the power of the sun, I'd focus it on my plants and watch them grow.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipnoy85
Wow, that's a lot of nanos. Even more impressive is that they all look great. They're not all bunched next to each other are they?
Thanks. No they aren't near each other.
The 8 gallon is sitting on a filing cabinet ( covered by cloth) in our dinning room. Trying to find a used stand in sf.

The 3 gallon is on the middle shelf of a built in wall bookcase. My wife was thrilled when I modified a desk lamp hood and screwed it into the bottom of the shelf above.

The 1/2 gallon or so is on my desk at work.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Matt,

As always your pictures of your aquacapes are impressive. I also have an 8 gal very similar to yours. What is your light setup? I am running a 2X13w from AHSupply but seems to not be enough lighting. I don't get any pearling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaphish
Matt,

As always your pictures of your aquacapes are impressive. I also have an 8 gal very similar to yours. What is your light setup? I am running a 2X13w from AHSupply but seems to not be enough lighting. I don't get any pearling.
Thanks. It's allways nice to get compiments from someones who's scapes you also admire.

My light is a 24 watt cf that came with the tank as a kit. I'm suprised you don't have pearling off of an AHS kit with more lighting. There are 18 watt finnex lights on ebay about the right size. If you ran two??

I just started DYI Co2 on it this past weekend. Now I've got some real pearling.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
not positive ( due to angle and quality) but to me that shrimp doesent look fat it looks pregnant! if it is good luck with the babies!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 02:55 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)
Very nice nanos. The cherry looks perfectly fine to me. My females look like that when pregnant and just after dropping the shrimplets.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Wow, I thought this thread was dead. Thanks for the replies guys. That shrimp is still bright and beautiful and sporting a big gut. I don't know I thought she would of put out by now. I've had it since January I think and it's been fat for months.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode