Cup of Joy!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Cup of Joy!!

As a gift for Christmas, yea yea yea it's been several months past, I got this clear cup along with several packets of various teas and coffees. I love the teas and coffees but immediately knew what to do with the cup!!!

I finally decided to put the cup to use!!! What do you think of my "Cup of Joy"? I was going to put some Java Moss in so I can call it A Cup of JAVA but decided not to. I might clip a small offshoot of my Anubia Nana Petite and attach it to on of the rocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by aquaphish; 08-18-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 03:07 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
what type of filtration will you use, ferts, lighting? JK..lol.. Nice nano. I think the white works well in there.. Though I think I would have gone with moon sand..

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 03:13 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (32/100%)
It is just sooo cute--I love it!! And the petite nana will be perfect. What are you doing for lighting?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 03:21 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks pretty cool, I am not sure about the white substrate, what is it? However it does make green stand out more. Also what is plant between the rocks?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Do you think I should use a Fluval 304!!! Attach a UV filter as well!!! Just wondering what heater to use.

The white rock was used to attempt to help reflect the light to help the HC grow. Hopefully it will fill in. Filtering will be a kitchen baster. I plan to just remove half of the water every few days and replace it with some of my 8 gal tank water. I do use ferts in that so the replacement water will be fertilized. This is just the preliminary set-up. I will tear it down and add some laterite to the substrate or add some plant tab fert. I have. LIghting is a very inexpensive $9.00 desk lamp with one of those curliey-Q compact flourecsents. It is 5700K and full spectrum.

As for fish a nice red oscar will go great. Or a nice colored male guppy or my dwarf puffer. No shrimp they will most likely get spooked at night and jump out of the cup.

Hey I see some bubbling from the center plants!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=aquaphish]Do you think I should use a Fluval 304!!! Attach a UV filter as well!!! Just wondering what heater to use.[=Quote]

Why stop there, bring on the pressurized CO2!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 11:44 AM

PTrader: (28/100%)
Just don't set your coffee down next to it . . . . . might end up with a mouthful of HC!!!

Cool idea AQphish
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Hey what happened

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

LOL!!! The comments really make my day!!! Comming home from work and reading some "tank" humour makes my day!!!

The plant in the middle is Guppy Grass - Najas something or another. I got it with a shipment of some shrimp I purchased the other day. And the white gravel is just a common colored aquarium gravel. I am thinking of changing it with some white sand so the HC can root better.

But on the serious side. My HC had some BBA on it and I did a bleach dip before I placed it in the aquascape now I get home to find white HC. I did find a small chunck of HC with no algae hiding in my 8 gal so I will be transplanting it later tonight or tomorrow.

Got some plants to send out so who ever bought plants from me during the weekend I am one day late in shipment but plants should arrive later in the week.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 04:26 AM

Thats pretty slick!! That darn handle give me the urge to pick it up, but other than that, I like it!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode