Here is my new nano!! (3/09/06) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to mshaeffer
Here is my new nano!! (3/09/06)

I just finnished putting this together. It is 4x4x5 acrylic box whic works out to 0.35 gallons, or 1.31 Liters.

Substrate - Flourite
Plants - Hairgrass & Glosso
Lighting - 15 watt incandesant desk lamp

Please let me know what you think!!

Thanks
Mike

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 05:41 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I think next time you should put a ruler next to it not a coin...what is that coin anyway...? LOL

Yeah looks nice...any fish? Maybe you can torture a betta/fighter by putting it in there and then putting a mirror next to it...Ahhh ha hah etc.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy Ninja
I think next time you should put a ruler next to it not a coin...what is that coin anyway...? LOL
That's a quarter celebrating the People's Republic of Massachusetts. Being from Hong Kong, I would think you'd know more about Communist states!

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:22 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Hmm...

Anywho...

The tank isn't bad. I'm diggin it. Though I don't really like that white rock on the right.

If the left one stays and the right one goes, IMO it might look better. But it's just an opinion. But it's looking good Spud.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Looks like a beanie container to me. I used to have a whole bunch of these when I was breeding bettas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy Ninja
Yeah looks nice...any fish? Maybe you can torture a betta/fighter by putting it in there and then putting a mirror next to it...Ahhh ha hah etc.
lol...HEY! What's wrong this?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
looks good, i agree about removing the right rock.

Also, does the incandescent light put out lots of heat? Keep your eye on that issue. . ..
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 04:38 PM

why remove the right rock? if it's because it looks abit polished or clean or smooth then technically it should be fine as the water would wash it over and over and grind it down like you find pebbles. I think the tank looks great, nice going.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to mshaeffer
Thanks for the comments!! I may get a few more of these, they were 1.50 at my local craft store!! The quarter was there just to give some sense of size!! I haven't decided if there will be any fish, it is kinda small, maybe a few Endlers fry or something of similar size.
The light does put off some heat, but I don't think it is enough to worry about.

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Algae Grower

Awww, I think it's cute. Are you putting any shrimp in there?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
The white rock is like a sore thumb. First of all it does not match the other rock or even color in the substrate. Therefore it gives the impression it is not in a natural setting. As for the comment of being washed over and over and naturally polished, there is no other rocks that are similar. The rock next to it should also be polished but it is not. A very unnatural rock placement.

As for the rest waiting to see it after a bit of growing.

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe2Can
That's a quarter celebrating the People's Republic of Massachusetts. Being from Hong Kong, I would think you'd know more about Communist states!
LOL!! Good comments!!

Regards,
Barry

FILSTAR Advocate #39
Member, Minnesota Aquarium Society
29 Gal. - 100% Eco-Complete/2x65W CF/CO2/Filstar XP2/RedSea500/KH:3/GH:5/pH:< 5.5/EI Dosing/WWC 50%
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaphish
The white rock is like a sore thumb. First of all it does not match the other rock or even color in the substrate. Therefore it gives the impression it is not in a natural setting. As for the comment of being washed over and over and naturally polished, there is no other rocks that are similar. The rock next to it should also be polished but it is not. A very unnatural rock placement.

As for the rest waiting to see it after a bit of growing.
alright, alright dont get your knickers in a twist.. sheesh..

The tank is cool, stick some shrimp in or some endlers/minnows but only like 2-4. Shrimp is best. The rock does kinda' look abit unnatural, perhaps try find a smaller rock the same as the large one.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe2Can

One country, two systems.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livebearer101
alright, alright dont get your knickers in a twist.. sheesh..

The tank is cool, stick some shrimp in or some endlers/minnows but only like 2-4. Shrimp is best. The rock does kinda' look abit unnatural, perhaps try find a smaller rock the same as the large one.
There is nothing wrong with the tank itself. It is the rocks!!! I would get a Dwarf Puffer for this one. I got one the several weeks ago and they are really neat little fish. Be prepaired to feed it lots of small snails.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to mrbelvedere Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelvedere
With such a tiny tank it is difficult to get an effective aquascape. In fact any aquascape is impressive. Leave the rock where it is should it please you. It's damn near impossible to have a "good" aquascape in a tank I could drink with one swig.

In college....so no aquariums for a while.....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode